Best running gear set-up for a 62 + 37s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've heard 5:29s is the way to go with the A440 but is there a doubler or t-case gearing option to run the stock 4:11s? This is a trail/hunting only rig and only want to do this once.

and how long before I need longs running 37s on stock axles?

Thanks all.

I would say you need longfields before hitting the trail, unless you genuinely enjoy changing birfs. I also think if you drive to the trail on a road or highway, 5.29s would be the way to go. I think that would put a lot of stress on your transmission trying to turn 37's through stock gears.

6.0 4L60e to split case :hillbilly:

My brother has a HJ60 (2H diesel) with a A440 and he is running 37x12.5's with 4.88's no issues at all. He just got a set of Nitro gear replacement birfs. He has not broken any stock ones yet, the guy he got it off of did break one in the two years he wheeled it.

4.88's with the A440 and 37's runs down the hwy at 2300RPM at 100kms/hr ( about were the truck was stock with 30" tires and 4.11's from what I have been told). He has no issues with hills but its a 2h and they are not known for there power :doh:..... slow and steady.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom