Best replacement options for PCV and brake booster hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace my PCV hose following despmog because it is not long enough to reach from the valve to the connector on the MFE block off plate. Brake booster hose has a crack at one end and should be replaced as well. Is basic heater hose acceptable for both applications? Any better options? Searched several pages and could not find anything specific to replacement hoses.

Heater hose (and fuel hose) definitely won't work. It'll collapse from the high vacuum especially when it gets warm. You need PCV hose. It's sold specifically for that purpose. Google it. There's lots of sources.

+1 on this question - my PCV hose is badly cracked and temporarily taped and needs replacing asap - a link to the best quality hose would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

p.s. I found some hose online - do I need 3/8" inner diameter hose or 5/16"?

From a similar thread on this topic from earlier this year:

SOR carries a replacement, but you just need a length of hose suitable for vacuum - so it won't collapse.

I *think* I bought some from NAPA, but I'm not sure .... If you go to a place that specializes in VW, or German junk, you'll find metric size, cloth-covered. Otherwise, SAE vacuum hose is ONLY measured in 32nds of an inch, I believe it's 11/32 or 9mm ? @Output Shaft ?

Don't use fuel line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom