Best replacement muffler for 2007 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The stock muffler in my 2007 is looking pretty bad. Muffler outer skin and cover very rusted out and banged up. Have an ARB rear bar on truck and would prefer to keep original resonator and tailpipe and just add new muffler. Like the Borla and Magnaflow options, but looks like Magnaflow would tuck up higher into body. Any opinions and suggestions of a good shop in Denver to get this work done?

thanks,

todd

When I get to that situation I plan on putting in a Flowmaster 70 series dual inlet and ditching the resonator. The stock Y pipe is an abomination. Somebody should be prosecuted for putting something too restrictive for a four-banger behind a V8.

A couple months ago, after reading 4 hours of threads. I checked out a local 100 with Borla... it was loud and exahst tip was f'ugly. I decided to drop $250 on a Magnaflo a local shop had in stock. Resonator and pipes were solid so just had the the muffler welded in, keeping all connectors in place just in case I want to go back to stock or a bolt in system. For the price, I could not be happier. Tucks up high, is as quiet, but a tad sportier sounding, and it obviously breathes better. No drone, and resonance is much like stock. FYI, I usually only go with Toyota parts. Unless your entire system needs replacing, or you want to remove the restrictive y-pipe, there really is no reason to spend $$$.

Last edited:
Flowmaster 50 - a lot less resonance than the magnaflow that came with my ESR(?) exhaust - no resonator. the Y pipe from the cats to the muffler is fairly restrictive - notice a slight increase in power (and big increase in noise) with the ESR (no longer in business). Borla seems like a nice compromise.

Todd, keep in mind depending your county in Denver you'll have to go to emissions. Muffler has very little effect but I'd pop over to RS and ask the same question as there is likely to be some nuances with emissions and inspections around modification of exhaust.

Forgot to post, but took some good recommendations and had a MagnaFlo muffler installed by AAA automotive a few months back. They did a great job and just need to find someone to replace the driver side manifold, which is leaking. Muffler is great and only a little louder than stock. Better clearance as well.

E1E7CA95-8B88-4331-BC5A-687E85C77A5B.jpeg

Forgot to post, but took some good recommendations and had a MagnaFlo muffler installed by AAA automotive a few months back. They did a great job and just need to find someone to replace the driver side manifold, which is leaking. Muffler is great and only a little louder than stock. Better clearance as well.

I View attachment 2607668
I have a local 4x4 shop building me a rear bumper and he wants to do this on mine for clearance reasons. Also putting exhaust out the side to increase approach angle.
What muffler is that?

I have a local 4x4 shop building me a rear bumper and he wants to do this on mine for clearance reasons. Also putting exhaust out the side to increase approach angle.
What muffler is that?
It is the larger MagnaFlow. There is a smaller one, but it apparently is a lot louder. This one is almost like stock, until you stomp on the gas and then you hear the V8!

It is the larger MagnaFlow. There is a smaller one, but it apparently is a lot louder. This one is almost like stock, until you stomp on the gas and then you hear the V8!
Is it worth if if I could care less about sounding tough? I am wanting better clearance (the stock hangs low), and better power, but don't want it so loud it is annoying when idling or anything.

Definitely tucks up higher than OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom