Best Repair Shop for Land Cruisers in Phoenix, AZ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy y'all. I took my rig hunting early this morning and it performed better than I was expecting! I went wheeling afterwards, and when I put it into 4L, a harsh grinding sound came from the front end. Sounds like there is a bag of rocks in the transfer case or front pumpkin? Regardless, I was never able to get the car out of 4 wheel drive and had to tow it home. I could switch between 4Hi and 4L but could never get into 2.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have happened? I tried all the tricks like reverse, rocking it, going back into 4L, locking and unlocking hubs... You name it, I tried. I have had this car for 7 years now and never had any issues with switching.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, I am looking for a new repair shop in or near Phoenix. What is the best shop for Land Cruisers? Any feedback is appreciated!

so you only had a noise in 4L not 4H?

what series rig is it?
stock?

so you only had a noise in 4L not 4H?

what series rig is it?
stock?
Noise is in both 4H and 4L. Its an 87 FJ60. All stock expect for HFS lift, rack and bumper. I looked this morning and the front pumpkin is leaking which it has never done before.

Hubs locked or unlocked?
Did you drop the front drive shaft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom