Best Rebuild Kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SmokingRocks

hopelessly addicted to Cruisers
Threads
Save me the "go search" post.... Have you? The threads out there are so filled with crap its painful to try to find definitive answers.

I need to buy a rebuild kit for my 1FZ-FE. I have all of the gaskets what I need is pistons and rings that are .5mm overbored, new rod bearings, new main bearings, new timing chain, tensioner ect.

I have found several sites and researched has shown some info on them.

This kit seems ok
4.5L 1FZ-FE 1993-1997 Land Cruiser Master Rebuild Kit

But I don't need all of the gaskets.

This one also has gaskets
Toyota 4.5L 1FZFE Engine Kit Landcruiser

Or this one? Seems customizable, but IDK if anyone has experience with them.
Toyota, 4.5L, 1FZFE, Land Cruiser, 24V DOHC, 93-97, Engine Rebuild Kits

I'm tired of searching, tired of reading useless post... Please cue me into the best most $$$ effective way to get what I need. Thanks

^^^^ This. /thread

direct quote:

"No kit from Toyota. I put it all together.

And you'd be better off going with aftermarket.

Not sure you want to hear Toyota pricing."

Ive put LCE stuff in a couple toyotas. I havent ever run them over 100k after a rebuild but I have run the dog piss out of them and they have held up. In all reality not many of us will put 100k after a rebuild on one of these pigs. After spending the last year and 4X what I spent on the truck in the first place....... I would just drop a small block in it if I had to do it again. So much more money than what I had anticipated. Keep in mind, I went from 3fe to 1fzfe, so I am a whole different brand of stupid!

Thanks for the input about LCE, but the rest of your post is exactly what the other post I've read are clogged with. Please everyone I am only interested in what is the best 1fz-fe rebuild kit NOT what would've been better or engine swap ect ect.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input about LCE, but the rest of your post is exactly what the other post I've read are clogged with. Please everyone I am only interested in what is the best 1fz-fe rebuild kit what would've been better or engine swap ect ect.
I am in the exact same spot you are now. I'm looking for oversized Pistons as well. Subscribed.

Ok, I'll play, you won't find better quality then the OEM. So if you want the best go with OEM kit and source your pistons from JE, Carillo, Mahle, etc. Get your main and rod bearings as well as thrust washers from Clevite, Rockauto no longer carries them so you will have to source through someone else.

What about DNJ parts? I saw they have a rebuild kit that includes pistons rings etc... afraid of the quality...

I used DNJ in a truck last year. Almost 10k on it and no issues so far.

Fine so far. One of my employees daily drives it.

Bump

How's your rebuilt holding up?

Anyone happy or sad with forged components?

I'm on the fence between a new factory short block or rebuilding with the best stuff I can find?

Joey's Wits turbo is tempting but I would feel much better with forged pistons running a turbo

What's say you MUD? Thanks

After spending the last year and 4X what I spent on the truck in the first place....... I would just drop a small block in it if I had to do it again.

This ^^^^ simply true. 1fz-fe is just not worth rebuilding. Just drop a faithful V8, real engine in the thing and call it a day.

This ^^^^ simply true. 1fz-fe is just not worth rebuilding. Just drop a faithful V8, real engine in the thing and call it a day.

Just curious, have you done a v8 swap?

Minimum, $5k difference in parts and 100hrs in labor vs rebuilding or even a new 1FZ.

I have done both, v8 is killer but hardly plug and play. 1FZ can do fine if you not running 37’s and need to go 85mph over the Rockies. Don’t even really need a turbo which is just going to complicate things a lot and generate lots of heat. I used to be a hater too, then I fixed up some 1fz’s and played with it, tuning them as well. They still suck to work on, 1990’s gen engine bay, but all the forum jive is really just that. Jive.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom