best rear seat for a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, lookin for a rear seat that will fit well in the back of my 72 fj40. ive heard that old montero and raiders seats fit well, is this true?

Thanks,

wngrog said:
YJ/TJ or CJ seas are plentiful and work great.

How much custom work is typically involved with putting Heep seats in the back?

Not a whole lot if you go with a non-fold and tumble(CJ)...just bolt it to the floor, just like it was in the Jeep, and run it. Have had a CJ seat in the rear of my truck since '91.

Yellow truck has a TJ fold and tumble seat in the rear. Mounted the brackets to the floor, and it works great!

Yellow03.jpg

Good luck!

-Steve

early blazer seats and classic bronco seats are also good options. also, suzuki seats.

Looks great Steve.

I've got a line on a fold / tumble seat and have been wondering how much work was involved.

Thanks!

cruiser4life said:
Looks great Steve.

I've got a line on a fold / tumble seat and have been wondering how much work was involved.

Thanks!

That is a buddies truck....

It is a pretty strait-forward install....

Make sure you get all the bracketry from the donor.

Good luck!

-Steve

I bought a seat from a Raider and it had all the hardware, including the seat belts, and it is a fold and tumble. Got it for $50 from a junk yard. Upholstery in good shap too.

Going to be installing it shortly.

Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker Rear Seat

Got one out of a Suzuki Sidekick for $30 with all the brackets, etc. It fits perfectly between the rear wheel wells of a 40. The seat's front mounts line-up perfectly with the body-to-frame bolts in the floor of my '77 40. Be sure to get the bracket from the rear floor that the seat latches onto. The seat has the female ends of the seat belts built in and it folds and tumbles. I got the front seat belts from the same Sidekick to use with the rear seat and they work just fine. Good luck and build it safe!

Poser,
What seats are those in the front on the Yellow Cruiser? Look pretty comfy.....compared to my stock junk especially.....Thanks!

My '74 FJ40 has a Con-Ferr(?) bench seat in the back. The one with the storage box underneath. I bought it from Specter, I think, about 15 years ago maybe. Still in good shape. Keep all my spare belts and hoses and bikini top in the lockable storage.

1Fine40 said:
Poser,
What seats are those in the front on the Yellow Cruiser? Look pretty comfy.....compared to my stock junk especially.....Thanks!

The front seats are out of a mid-80s VW Scirocco....

All the seats have those wet oakle seat covers made for them.

They hold water well.

Good luck!

-Steve

killer1954 said:
My '74 FJ40 has a Con-Ferr(?) bench seat in the back. The one with the storage box underneath. I bought it from Specter, I think, about 15 years ago maybe. Still in good shape. Keep all my spare belts and hoses and bikini top in the lockable storage.

Those are nice. A guy over on pirate had a used for sale I think.

Poser said:
All the seats have those wet oakle seat covers made for them.

They hold water well.
-Steve
lol!! that's my complaint with them...they leave a nice puddle where you need to sit and take days to dry out...they shoulda made them inside out.

Conferr Seat

my64fj40 said:
Those are nice. A guy over on pirate had a used for sale I think.

I'm looking for one of these, you don't remember the post do you. I just tried to find it over there but couldn't. Any idea when/where it was posted at? Thanks!

I have been dying to post pics of my back seat. Three butts wide w/shoulder belts on either side. I have 3 kids with the middle one in a booster and the little one in a car seat...

I like the stock seats the most. but I could see how if you had a car seat you needed to put in that stock seats wouldnt work.

flounder said:
I'm looking for one of these, you don't remember the post do you. I just tried to find it over there but couldn't. Any idea when/where it was posted at? Thanks!

I think the guy's username was coolcruiser something... I think he ended up putting it on ebay, not sure if he sold it or not though. Those are nice seats, some have armrest too, I think, or they may all have them. Dunno, wish I had one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom