best price/quality taillight/turn signal lenses + emblems? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having my FJ60 completely stripped, rust repaired (roof/a pillar/windshield), doors/tailgate/glass/bumpers removed, dents fixed, primed, paint/clear/wet sand done currently. It should be done in about 3 weeks thru my buddy's bodyshop and has been under the knife already for 3 weeks. It will be painted the factory original rootbeer brown with most likely some pearl thrown in (small amount).

I plan to install new taillight/turn/running light lenses and LandCruiser/4WD emblems to make it look fresh (they are slightly faded... not too bad though).

I've so far looked at Man-a-fre and Liquidoffroad. Both offer them but their pricing differs drastically.

Can anyone comment on the quality, color trueness, and durability (meaning withstanding the elements/fading) for each company thru their experiences?

Can you recommend any other vendors and your experience/feedback?

I'm spending quite a bit on this exterior "restoration" and want to do it right. Next comes interior sounddeadening (peel and seal tar), new carpet, different front seats, and a nice stereo system which I will be tackling.

Thank you in advance! I love my Cruiser.

-Mark

Last edited:
CDan

Check with CDan on the board - OEM toyota parts. There's a sticky post on the Vendors side: "contacting CDan" or something like that.

HTH

If I may ask, about how much does this run? I'm looking to do the same myself and want to know how many years to save up. :)

For front and rear turn signals, I'd go OE. There might be some good aftermarket ones but the ones I've tried have faded dramatically in the sunlight. I can't remember where I got them.

Thanks for the replies... I was thinking the same thing... anything not OEM is cheaper for a reason... cheap and low quality.

I will most likely look into buying the OEM ones... Mine are actually fine.. but new ones would top off the sundae like icing on a cake.

Carpe- my friend quoted me $2500 using Dupont paint 2 coats paint/2 coats clear/ wet sanded/all dents removed/ all rust fixed (weld in material for the gaps). Here in CA that is a smoking deal and I imagine going to a normal body shop it would be $6K. I drove the truck down to SoCal (East LA) as the labor rates are considerably less there. 2/3 the cost actually.. and having a bro as my hookup was a no brainer. He painted my '87 TType (Buick GN) and it turned out phenominal.

I'll post pics when it is completed. I live 1 block from the beach in San Francisco where it is foggy/damp 2/3 of the year... it was taking its toll on poor Mr. Hanky (my rig). I figured if I didn't get the rust fixed/painted this year... next year or the following the truck would be turned into a convertible.

OEM signal lens are the best in terms of quality, however, the high quality lens that LiquidOffroad sells are almost as good. A guy I know painted his FJ60, and installed the low quality turn signal lens that CCOT sells, and they faded out after 6 months. He then bought some of the high quality aftermarket lens that Liquidoffroad sells, and they are almost identical in terms of quality to OEM, and have held up fine for several years now.

OEM tailite lenses from any source are the best ...do not fade. I live near SOR(no significant discount) and they sell OEM and an aftermarket but an OEM at discount is the choice. You might also check the price at 1sttoyotaparts.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom