Best place to buy new OEM parts for 1996 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to the site. I am sure this information is on here somewhere, but I have had not luck tracking it down. I am planning to replace the power steering pump and hoses, and I have noticed a wide variety of prices for new OEM parts online. It sounds like from some of the threads that I have read, that some individuals from this site have sold parts in the past. I am wondering if there are still some folks that do that and what is the best place to buy new parts online.

what is the best place to buy new parts online.

There is no best place. Price and shipping vary tremendously. It's always worth comparing prices on every part.

Overseas: amayama.com and partsouq.com.

Domestic: McGeorge Toyota is often pretty good.

I've had orders from overseas arrive faster than domestic orders, and not for backordered parts. It's crazy.

Isn't it funny how I can get parts from Dubai faster then Virginia?

Like they said. Open some windows and compare price with shipping.
Ill add Toyotpartsoverstock.com aka Lakeland Toyota

I source from a Toyota parts triumvirate: 1) local to me Toyota dealership; 2) partsouq/amayama; and 3) Boch Toyota.

Crazy Toyota subsidized promos notwithstanding, no one stateside is cheaper than Boch Toyota for me. I do zero business with McGeorge now especially since I don’t get charged with sales tax with the former but I do the latter. Pure pricing part for part, Boch charges less than McG or any others already mentioned thus far.

Prove me wrong.

Gl and enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
I am new to the site. I am sure this information is on here somewhere, but I have had not luck tracking it down. I am planning to replace the power steering pump and hoses, and I have noticed a wide variety of prices for new OEM parts online. It sounds like from some of the threads that I have read, that some individuals from this site have sold parts in the past. I am wondering if there are still some folks that do that and what is the best place to buy new parts online.
Good suggestions above.
I'll add Megazip. I'll bet I spent a good 3 grand with them. Deliveries came from UAE and Japan. Usually faster than domestic.
I learned the hard way to double check part numbers with a domestic website and a foreign one (Partsouq usually). Not knowing any better, a domestic site listed ball joints for the vehicle, and I ordered them. Luckily, the vendor took care of me.
Also, even though I wanted to hate my local stealerships; the guys behind the counter were great, and most times they would get the parts the next day. They would even search other dealers for the parts, that even paid off - a little extra driving, but worth it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom