Best place to buy brake parts?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow cruiserheads...wondering if anyone can suggest a good place to buy brake parts for a 67JFJ40...I will be replacing the rear wheel cylinders (need 4 of them), rear brake shoes and rear brake hose...thanks....looked at the standard sites such as JT Outfitters, Man a fre and SOR...just wondering if there are anymore out there...thanks...Rog

Check with Ralph Hayes I replaced 2 lines on my axle swap and RH shipped to my door for only $1 more then the cheapest price no shipping I could find online.

Check with Ralph Hayes I replaced 2 lines on my axle swap and RH shipped to my door for only $1 more then the cheapest price no shipping I could find online.

X2....Rick and the boys will treat ya right. Hey Dukebluerog, don't forget your UC
membership gets ya a 25% discount! :grinpimp:

Clemson55...Gundy...thanks for the info...will call Ralph Hayes this week...can't wait to get started...after the brake work I will be looking for some tires and lifting her up a bit...

suggestions???

Thanks...called Ralph Hayes Toyota in SC but was told that Toyota no longer manufactors wheel cylinder for 67FJ40...was informed that I may have to go aftermarket...any suggestions??...will wheel cylinders for a 70 or 71 work??..

Do a search on here....yours are 9 mm and they don't make 9mm any more but they make an adapter....someone posted in the tech section about the adapter.....70 and 71 are 10mm...you may just have to order them and be sure they are the same height...I'm pretty sure they will bolt in the same holes. Worse case is you'll have to return them but I don;t know of any other option. Good luck

thanks for the info CruisinTiger...I will keep you posted on my progress and sanity....:)...do you have disc brakes on your 68FJ40???..

Yeah I went all 4 wheel disk brakes....all new brake lines and a 75 chevy corvette non-boosted master cylinder...well worth the sanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom