Best Place for Aftermarket Gauges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to add 3 aftermarket gauges to my 97 LC. Where have you guys mounted yours (assuming you have any)? My pillars have handles in the middle so I think I can only mount one gauge above it and another below it. :cheers:

Remove the grab handle. I use one of the screw holes to secure the pods. I think I'm using a triple pod from a 93/94 Accura but it needs modifications. I've heard of others taking three single pods specifically made for the Land Cruiser and doing some surgery to overlay them on each other.

You cold also mount them in the center console near the shifter if you can do some fabrication. The new style dash uses an upsloping console which would work good but there isn't much cleareance behind. You would need to build it out a bit. You could also go to Dakota Digital and put in some digital gauges that might not be as deep.

Tom,

Thanks for the link. Did you remove your handle on the pillar or did you just mount under it?

I only put a single gauge on the pillar, so I didn't need to delete the hand-grab. I think I could have gotten two in there without removing the handle, but surely not three.

IIRC, Bill (Photoman, whom we have not heard from lately) had a multi-gauge setup. He may have even posted pics on here some time ago.

Tom

26Jan2004 (UTC +8)

I have purchased a few Autometer gauges from http://www.martelbrothers.com , because I've discovered that they have the lowest prices on the 'Net, and that they deliver well, and I have no problems with the products (that's why I haven't tested their after-sales support yet).

Tom, I only see three guage a-pillar inserts at that link. Did you cut the insert or do they sell a single gauge insert? Also, if you have grey trim, what is the match like to the interior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom