Best option to replace rusted exhaust on my '97 FZJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for the best option for new exhaust pipes for the '97 FZJ80. Anyone able to point me to the best source for new pipes?
1899238086.jpg

1899238066.jpg

Last edited:
@OTRAMM makes them in stainless.

Thanks, I saw those but I read that they aren't 50 state emissions compliant. Is there a way to get them in stainless and compliant?

I used Borla cat back with down pipe and a single cat. All a good fit. The down pipe works well, the cat back pipe and muffle to tail pipe fit up well.
But, I really can’t recommended because of the muffle noise! I don’t appreciate how loud it is.

devo

You can still get an OEM exhaust for mega-bucks. Probably the best quality of anything you can buy off a shelf.

The second best option is to do a lot of research for a local exhaust shop with good reviews and just let them have at it.

There are some aftermarket options too: Borla (if you want a "sport" exhaust lol, but it is stainless) or Bosal. The Bosal is pretty low quality.

Message @ottram

I did the bosal replacement, also did an unknown downpipe with two cats. They rusted out quickly and sucked. Not a great sound either.
Recently got the @OTRAMM exhaust with the magnaflow downpipes that is currently being installed and is awesome and much higher quality.

If those aren't options explore around for a good exhaust shop that can help you locally.

Good luck

Thanks so much everyone for the great information. Likely just saved me a bunch of money. I'll take it to a local shop and be done with it.

Go full stainless, i got non carb compliant cats and still pass CT emissions. Fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom