Best oil for my 91’ 4.2td hdj? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys , so many opinions out there , looking for advice — Ireland never really hot or cold so more concerned about an oil that will be healthy for my old girl .
Best oil for my 91’ 4.2td hdj?

What ever floats your boat as long as its a quality oil with the correct viscosity. My guess would be about 10/40 for your climate. I ran 20/50 and sometimes 20/60 in summer in Northern Australia
Its how you drive it and maintain it in the long term that counts more than brand oil.
I would pay more attention to the oil and air filtration than the oil.

On this advice of @IanB I am running Shell Rotella T6 5w40. It seems to be the right viscosity all year round in New England. Our winters get fairly cold so this viscosity helps when cold starting in cold weather. If it doesn't get too cold where you are, the 15w40 is common around here. I haven't seen too much 10w40 for diesels out here but that would be a nice all 'round oil as well.

Like with all engines, it’s more important to change the oil regularaly than specifically what oil is used. Best quality oil in the world is still going to break down over time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom