Best of the NON-OEM colors--Post your Paint job pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious to see some pics of non oem colors----have seen a lot of nice colors used and well I am familiar with all the oem colors

So post your pic with brand of paint and code if you want to show your choice

my rustoleum hunter green

link :D hasnt been on there long but im very happy w/how the color turned out, i had to cut it down quite a bit to make it shoot "ok" (and "ok" was the best results i could get) out of my paint gun but that could be b/c i dont have a great gun or great compressor, 50/50 paint and thiner was WAY to thin before that i had tried 90/10, 80/20, 70/30
the mix i ended up with was somewhere more than 60 and less than 70% paint with the rest being thinner alot more thinner than the directions said it should be, but it worked for me. i had very few runs and after 3 coats pretty good coverage... i broke my buffer before even waxing one spot the head just came off....:bang: so im still looking forward to seeing what she looks like all waxed up and shinny. :D

Robert LaDuke

Not my truck and do't have a pic but its my favorite non oem. Search Robert Laduke and enjoy.

Nason 2k Urethane "Gunmetal Pearl" factory packed color.

Not sure if its still available. I painted this in 1996 if I'm remembering correctly.

The bezel and other trim like the windshield vent is Nason 2k Urethane "Diamond Pearl"
980101-019.jpg

Reactions: AML
Rustoleum flat black and rustoleum white for the roof and (upside down) bezel. All spray bomb! It was originally freeborn red, but a PO painted it a hideous blue that I had to cover up.
landcruiser 003.jpg
landcruiser 004.jpg

Pics are kinda old, one is from the November 98 issue of 4 wheel sport ute covering the GSMTR, then one on the trail, and one before i put it back together. I painted this 40 about 13 years ago. It is PPG metallic maroon, single stage, don't remember the paint code.
img018.jpg
img020.jpg
img019.jpg

hmm don't know if these will attach..

deep metallic yellow pearl. looks absolutely stunning in the sun.

the lake picture shows the cruiser hard at work.. pulling the jetskis..
Picture 058.jpg
Picture 105.jpg

Top: Blue non OEM faded by Florida sun,with a few yellow stickers
Bottom:Forest-Mud brown with no money for a new paint job...:rolleyes:
P1070485.jpg

great posts

Great Posts keep em coming :)

okay here is mine---I wouldnt call it a best but a rattle can job until I can get it painted---i've been through a lot of different colors I have seen some olive drabs and green grays that I really liked but I may just stick to the white like the interior
IMGP2877.jpg
IMGP2880.jpg
ugly betty front tub.jpg

Thanks TRFCSUX! Here's a picture................ Willow Green is the color. It was used by Jaguar in the early 1960's. I'm partial to non-metallic paint on these trucks.
willowcruiser.jpg

First re-spray

14-07-062.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

Second
100_1664.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

I'll dig the paint codes out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom