• Dirt Monkey

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Iron Mule

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • The Brick

Votes: 23 20.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the idea is to find a nickname for the 60/62 series like the 55 is refered to as the "iron pig". In a group of cruiser you can say mine is the iron pig and people know which one is yours or if you have a 40 you can say the flat fender. Calling it a Landcruiser is like calling it a Toyota and way to generic.

'89 FJ62 = Abigail
'68 FJ40 = Lucy
'00 Sienna = Moby (he's white - we call him the great white whale ;))

All the names just seemed to fit, and there the names my kids use to refer to them :).

Where is the "None of the above" Vote??

images

I voted Iron Mule only because it fits the personality of the FJ60 best. Love my 60 and drive it everyday! They are amazingly good, even 20+ years on.

i call mine Rooth the r"oo"th rather than r"u"th cause shes r"oo"t beer brown but my buddy has every one calling her the "Mud Butt Wagon" what ever works. but the Iron Goat does seem to be a pretty good comparison but ive refered to all my yotas as goats cause the clime like a mt. goat

I like 'Land Crusher', but you gotta say it with a growl like an old drunk ... that's how my whisky swilling tire guy says it!:cheers:

My cruiser has three names that go with different modes.

Generally We just call it 'Savage Henry'

with our 4 man canoe on top it's 'The Great White Shark'

and when cruising around town shiny (rarely) 'The Scag Baron'

props to H.S. Thompson for naming inspiration:skull:

I think my cruiser would be a little offended by some of these names, its a little high strung.

my old girl is offended by names...she is slightly schizophrenic however....

So I assume you think Iron Mule is fitting?

BTW, I call mine the Blue Bomber. Even though it sat in the yard for 3 years. And its grey.

After those pics, I think I'll go with Iron mule! I've seen cats ike that up close, and would not want to be in that mules shoes with nothing but my f'ing teeth and stubborness. (Although I may just be stubborn enough yet, who knows)

I like what was said in the other thread:

My vote for the 60 is Iron Mule. The head of a mule reminds me of the shape of a 60 - squarish but rounded edges. Not the fastest of the beasts of burden but still very useful for hauling and pulling things. More refined than a donkey and more surefooted than an average horse. Here's an excerpt from the Wiki description of the characteristics of a mule:

" The mule possesses the sobriety, patience, endurance and sure-footedness of the ass, and the vigour, strength and courage of the horse. Operators of working animals generally find mules preferable to horses: mules show less impatience under the pressure of heavy weights, whereas their skin, harder and less sensitive than that of horses, renders them more capable of resisting sun and rain. Their hooves are harder than horses, and they show a natural resistance to disease and insects."

The 80 seems like a Beluga with its rounded bulging body lines.

iron mule, iron mule!!!

at first, i was leaning towards "iron goat" (per the same thread fj60_hoakie referred to earlier).

i think "iron mule" fits perfectly. afterall, an fj60 stock is low performance and all torque... much like a mule. a mule ain't no thoroughbred. but she'll pull a friggin' 747 out of the everglades if ya give her enough incentive.

iron mule! iron mule!

i evens put it in a thread already:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=149682

yeah!!!!!!:grinpimp:

holy crap

is that a mountain lion that mule killed in those pics????

ok, it's gotta be official....

fj60's are "iron mules".

now there's gotta be the round table thereof...

i nominate notagp_afj55 or fj60_hokie for king knight (or whatever the f*** you call it).:bounce::bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom