Best Manufacturer of Diff Gears? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Azca

If there is a harder way - I will find it...
Threads
I will be installing 4.88s on my rig and have ZUK do the setup. I have done significant searching/reading and believe that Precision had the best gears but are NLA. Nitro appears to be a good product but, I am in no way an expert and do not wish to do this more than once. What I don't want is problems... So, without further ado, who do you recomend, who should I avoid?

For my rig, It is not a daily driver. I run 35s and it is armored front to back. I also have the 33% low range reductions and 10%UD gears. I will be running up and down hill quite a bit heading out to the back country and letting the rig run in her natural environment. I am not in a big hurry. Gas mileage is not important to me, I can carry another 15 gallons on the bumper if needed. Just want something that will not break unless I do something really stupid...

Zuk most certainly does.

Zuk most certainly does.
And what would that be and why? I pulled my 3rds and had ECGS regear for me. While I research every single purchase I make for the Cruiser, I honestly do not know what gears I have installed.

And what would that be and why? I pulled my 3rds and had ECGS regear for me. While I research every single purchase I make for the Cruiser, I honestly do not know what gears I have installed.
You'd have to ask him. He does write-ups of installs and often comments on manufacturers. He also lists his phone number and email there.

I did nitro 5.29sset up by Slee old mechanic Joe. Been perfect for 10years

You'd have to ask him. He does write-ups of installs and often comments on manufacturers. He also lists his phone number and email there.
From the 57 mentions of Nitro gears, I think I know which ones he prefers. I found my invoice from ECGS and had Nitros installed. I can only hope that they were perfectionists like Zuk is when installing gears.

I also had precision on my 60 but it’s a bummer they are NLA. It was highly advised to go with nitro when I re-geared. Stay away from Yukon.

I had Zuk do my gears as well. I asked him for the "best" ones. He recommended Nitro....

Looks like Nitro it is. Thank you everyone!

Yotamasters in Corona, CA installed my Nitro 4.88s. ~30K miles and zero complaints. IIRC, the gears themselves are made in Korea Republic. Home of Hyundai Heavy Industries (lots of steel).

I hope the nitro gears are better then there axles. I twisted one of their Chrome Molly axles and they would not stand behind them.
my stock axles held up better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom