Best manual for repairs and for learning about your FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I recently bought an FJ60, that drives smooth and has minor problems. I want to make sure I am proactive in learning about the car. Does anyone have any repair manual suggestions or PDF's that helped them with both small and large fixes.

Thanks

welcome to the asylum for the toyotally insane. you know not where you are going n even angels fear to tread :flipoff2:
there are pdf's available in here some place, your google fu might be better than mine. or someone may point both of us in the right direction.
if you can find hard copies, snatch them up.

welcome to the asylum for the toyotally insane. you know not where you are going n even angels fear to tread :flipoff2:
there are pdf's available in here some place, your google fu might be better than mine. or someone may point both of us in the right direction.
if you can find hard copies, snatch them up.
Okay, I have tried searching but want to make sure I get the right stuff. I thought I would try here first.

sorry i wasn't clear about the hard copy. i meant toyota manuals. chilton's or hayne's will get you thru basic stuff, brakes, basic maintenance n such.
i'm quite certain there is someone in here that has factory manuals available in pdf. just can't recall who it is

Nothing beats the factory service manual (FSM). Mr. Toyoda knows what he’s doing.

Toyota factory service manuals and factory repair manuals are your best friends, chiltons and Haynes etc are like neighbours you say Hi! to, and they might come in handy at some point, but they’re not the ones you want to turn to when things get bad....
Save your money, and your time, and go for the real thing right from the start, from the people that built the subject!

Nothing beats the factory service manual (FSM). Mr. Toyoda knows what he’s doing.

These are not available anymore ...

Those links don't work anymore. May as well remove them from your signature line.

I have some FJ60 manuals I converted to be searchable.
Let me know if these work for you.

1981_2f_Emissions_Control_FSM__sw Searchable
1984-chassis-body searchable
1985 FJ60 Chassis & Body Supplemental Searchable

BTW it was fully worth it having a copy center print out hardcopies.
Wow thank you all so much. I will dive into these! Quick question, I haven't been able to find anything specifically for the 87 (mostly 84 and 89). When using them for repairs is it better to use the newer eddition?

Thanks

As far as I know, or have ever seen, toyota only printed technical manuals for continuous running models, every few years, not every year. For example, when I bought my 1984 BJ60 from a dealer in early ‘85, the newest manual that had, and could provide, was the 1980 dated version. The 1984 version was not available until some time later. So get all that you can! I have both 1980 and 1984 original manuals for mine and use them both as they do include slightly different information (different write-ups, illustrations and pictures) for some subjects, which makes for easier understanding, sometimes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom