Best local shop for installing mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I OBVIOUSLY being a MUD member I should attempt do install some things myself ;), but ...

A) I moved out here in June and have no tools besides a basic household set
B) I have no garage or driveway

Lets say I wanted to put in some sliders, OME suspension, 2nd battery system, crank torsion bar...maybe a bumper on my 100 series. Where would I go for that?
Most of the 4x4 shops I found Googling seemed to be for Jeeps.

(I went to SDTrux for some general maintenance but he said they dont really do these kinds of things there)
I have searched this forum, but alot of the threads seem to be outdated / full of broken links

The Truck Shop on Miramar Road used to do custom work, lifts ect. I believe the owner is the son of the former owner of SDTrux. He hosted a safety meeting for the BeachNtoys Group a few years ago. If Noah of Noah's Arks is out there he may be able to help if he is still wrenching?

As you suspected most of us try to do as much as we can ourselves.

San Diego Trux
Ask for John. He is the owner and he has a modified 100-series Land Cruiser. Very honest and knowledgeable about 100-series LCs.
San Diego Trux - Sorrento Valley - San Diego, CA

(Sorry, just read the bottom of your post. Never mind...)

San Diego Trux
Ask for John. He is the owner and he has a modified 100-series Land Cruiser. Very honest and knowledgeable about 100-series LCs.
San Diego Trux - Sorrento Valley - San Diego, CA

(Sorry, just read the bottom of your post. Never mind...)
yeah he was great, solve my emission issues and greased my driveshaft.
and they have wifi in the lobby so I could work remote while waiting.

Wonder if I can just buy lift time or something, I can remove the running boards and put on slee/bior sliders myself with my modest tool set but I street park so it would be awkward sliding underneath

plus thats a pain in the ass

Off Road Warehouse (ORW) will do the work for you but they arent as reputable.

yeah he was great, solve my emission issues and greased my driveshaft.
and they have wifi in the lobby so I could work remote while waiting.

Wonder if I can just buy lift time or something, I can remove the running boards and put on slee/bior sliders myself with my modest tool set but I street park so it would be awkward sliding underneath

plus thats a pain in the ass

John at sdtrux does not do modifications for 100 series? I thought he worked on anything 80 series or above? anyhow, if he can't help you out go ahead and give me a pm.......