Best LED Tail lights for FJ80 ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I searched this online, cant find much. Anyone know of a good quality aftermarket LED Tail light assembly for FJ80’s ??

I have ANZO for my Dodge Ram 12 valve.
They look super nice. But it seems they don’t make them for FJ80’s.

I saw a brand on eBay called “DEPO” probably some knock off.
Anyone have any experience with this brand??.
And BTW I’m talking about the whole light assembly. Not just an LED bulb conversion.
Thanks

DEPO is about the only one. I have there conventional fit is good assume there led version is the same. Lots of people run them. They make glass aftermarket headlights too.

Anzo makes them but only in the above style. Are yours broken or are you just wanting a different look than stock?
Well I have a small bullseye hole on the white plastic on the driver side tail light. I can probably fix with a little clear silicone.
I like the stock look actually the best. It fits with the overall look of my white cruiser 80.

Just looking at options. I looked at the link. I don’t really like that look of the ANZO’s. They’re “Ok”.
One good thing about good quality LED systems is the longevity of the bulbs and they are brighter.

Re: The above Anzo link,
Hey also, anyone know why Anzo specifies the fit is for FJ-82 1991 to 1997. ???
What is an FJ-82???

Well I have a small bullseye hole on the white plastic on the driver side tail light. I can probably fix with a little clear silicone.
I like the stock look actually the best. It fits with the overall look of my white cruiser 80.

Just looking at options. I looked at the link. I don’t really like that look of the ANZO’s. They’re “Ok”.
One good thing about good quality LED systems is the longevity of the bulbs and they are brighter.
If your looking for quality led bulbs hit up @GunRunner Over view of Odd Iron Off Road and offerings for Land Cruisers and off road vehicles
I got led bulbs for my tail lights and dome lights from them they are awesome.

If your looking for quality led bulbs ,,,,,,,

No, I don't just want the LED Bulbs. I want the whole LED assembly. Anyways I have run into problems with just getting LED bulbs without the proper Power Regulator as well. Most of the good LED Light full assembly's have a built in Power Regulator so the turn signals will work properly. I put in just a basic LED bulb into my front led turn signals, and they blinked so fast that the rear incandescents would not even light up at all, it screwed up the whole blinking process.
A friend of mine who does light bars for Law and Fire enforcement told me you have to have a built in power regulator.\
thanks tho bro.

No, I don't just want the LED Bulbs. I want the whole LED assembly. Anyways I have run into problems with just getting LED bulbs without the proper Power Regulator as well. Most of the good LED Light full assembly's have a built in Power Regulator so the turn signals will work properly. I put in just a basic LED bulb into my front led turn signals, and they blinked so fast that the rear incandescents would not even light up at all, it screwed up the whole blinking process.
A friend of mine who does light bars for Law and Fire enforcement told me you have to have a built in power regulator.\
thanks tho bro.

You just have to change the relay to make the led bulbs flash properly. IIRC I got one off of Amazon for $20. I hope you can find a decent looking set of taillights.

I just saw this new brand on eBay, anyone had any experience with this manufacturer?
Called "Razor Motor"

No offense intended, but who gives af - they’re all made in some cheap labor, high volume Chinese factory.

Save your originals or replace them with originals.
LED's are for people named Chad.

No offense intended, but who gives af - they’re all made in some cheap labor, high volume Chinese factory.
Hey I will buy some new ones made in America or Japan. Where can I get some. ? Serious I don't want to buy stuff made in China anymore. They put people they don't like in jail and then harvest their organs for profit. Young men and women.
I thought Anzo was made in Japan. America needs to start making stuff again.
I'm not doing this for looks, I have a bad crack in one of the stock len's LR.

I have a clean stock set off my 96 fzj80 that I replaced at 150k miles. One side has some
Minor scratches but no cracks and lenses are clean.

Last edited:
FWIW I installed a set of LED bulbs from a cruiser parts vendor to replace the reverse lights in my '95. Sale was smooth and the price was good, but I don't like the bulbs. They're absolutely not as bright as the original incandescent bulbs they replaced. I think it's a matter of the enclosure just not projecting a big fat cylinder of LED squares as well as a near-point-source hot filament does. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic, but I was expecting to light up the whole dang street when I threw it into reverse that first time... it was dimmer. Planning to swap back at my earliest convenience.

It's often true what people say, LEDs don't work well in enclosures meant for incandescents. We see the latest Cadillac or whatever with absurdly bright LED tail lights and assume our cruisers would be the same with a simple retrofit, but it ain't so.

YMMV

Take a look at amazon.
LUYED 2x1700 lumen 1156 reverse light 6000k 17.99 a pair. Fit in original housing. Very bright (even with tinted windows). In use 1 year. Very happy with them. Would order again.

Law and Fire enforcement told me you have to have a built in power regulator.

That is old thinking and unfortunately the most prevalent. I replaced my turnsignals with led and just bought the correct flasher relay. Cheap from superbrightleds.com

Hey I will buy some new ones made in America or Japan. Where can I get some. ? Serious I don't want to buy stuff made in China anymore. They put people they don't like in jail and then harvest their organs for profit. Young men and women.
I thought Anzo was made in Japan. America needs to start making stuff again.
I'm not doing this for looks, I have a bad crack in one of the stock len's LR.

I stock Depo headlamp and led tail lamp for 80, also for 100 and 200. They are made in Taiwan, for aftermarket lamp, depo is probably one of the best out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom