Best leather seat replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know if mine is a one off, but the 40th anniversary kit from LCH were way too small and tight-fitting. In fact, they sent me a replacement bottom for the driver's side to see if its better, but im concerned it wont be. I have an appointment with the seat guy this thursday. They are so basketball tight that they are leaning down and left and causing me back pain.

20210429_094307.jpg

20210429_094217.jpg

You can see how they are really tight in the front. The seat guy didn't add any foam to the bottoms, totally factory (steamed but factory). The panels all are just a little too small.

I don't know if mine is a one off, but the 40th anniversary kit from LCH were way too small and tight-fitting. In fact, they sent me a replacement bottom for the driver's side to see if its better, but im concerned it wont be. I have an appointment with the seat guy this thursday. They are so basketball tight that they are leaning down and left and causing me back pain.

View attachment 2749463
View attachment 2749464

You can see how they are really tight in the front. The seat guy didn't add any foam to the bottoms, totally factory (steamed but factory). The panels all are just a little too small.
They sure look good, most of the other kits I have seen look like they are too loose after install. I would prefer a little too tight than loose.

They sure look good, most of the other kits I have seen look like they are too loose after install. I would prefer a little too tight than loose.
Being loose is better, they will tighten up nicely in the warm weather as they will shrink to fit...

Interesting that the Mosley site says SOLD OUT while my upholsterer can get them?

Since Mosley is citing quality issues with their leather supplier, I assume this means the issue is actually with Roadwire. Has anyone ordered from another Roadwire reseller or direct from them in the past four months?

I guess I should update on my Land Cruiser Heaven seats. They sent an extra bottom cushion that was cut exactly like the first and very much too tight. Either the 40th seat frames are different, the leather-only construction shrinks more than they expected or they didn't get the pattern right but the 40th-anniversary covers do not fit the seats well. My seat guy was able to work some magic and let out some seams and massage the foam a little to the point where they are still tight, but much much better. Though they still aren't perfect. I sent this along to LCH to let them know their covers are too small on this pattern and will be for anyone who orders them, but I wouldn't expect them to change. Their other mixed leather covers may work great and fit perfectly, but the all leather 40th ones don't.
20210810_124826 (1).jpg

So I have had the lseat kit for nearly 3 years and for the price, which is about a third of any of the other kits I found, I'm happy. I have seen some of the higher quality sets and they are definitely nicer than mine which seems fair given the amount of money they spent on theirs.

If you want a decent set of leather covers that fit well and should last a while if taken care of for relatively cheap, go with lseat.
My thinking was I wheel my LC regularly, I have a big muddy dog, and I didn't want to freak out about my thousand dollar seats getting dirty all the time. Lseat fit this bill nicely

rps20180918_174532.jpg

This pic is from right after install. They have tightened up quite a bit since then.

This pic is from right after install. They have tightened up quite a bit since then.

Mind sharing a current pic that shows current fit and wear?

Thanks for the update and your experience. I've heard these wear poorly but they do seem to fit ok, be consistently available and of course the price is low so they are still on my radar when the time comes.

Bringing an old thread back…

Looking for new leather and have reached out to Mosley multiple times with no response. Want to go the ”high quality” route so do I continue trying to get a hold of Mosley or do I take the seats to a shop and let them fit a leather set that looks close?

Interesting to see LSeat mentioned.

When I got my LC, I immediately replaced my rear leathers with a set from LSeat.

I did more than most would've as I did the whole "leaving the seats in the sun" and all to get the leather to stretch and lay as flat as possible.

I still have some wrinkles in the leather, and though they look good from a distance, they feel cheap. Fortunately I only replaced them for aesthetics as no one sits back there, but that also means that I can't attest to their durability.

Front is still factory but I may buy an LSeat cover for it just to match the rest of the seating.

20220319_134018.jpg

20220319_134041.jpg

Front seat is a Sparco.

20220222_163823.jpg

Hey guys! New to the forum! Just picked up a nice '97 and it currently needs the two front seats recovered. Who currently has the best fitting/feeling front seat leathers on the market? Thanks!
I used cruiserparts.net. I’m happy.
Toyota still sells the foam, it’s worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom