Best ignition for F2 engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I already did an ignition search so get off my back? Obviously I’m new to this. Am I going to be better off just keeping the points ignition or is one of the distributor conversions worth switching over?

I am sold on my 78 and newer + fj60 dizzy.

I already did an ignition search so get off my back? Obviously I’m new to this.

that is an interesting way to start a thread.

large cap distributor, coil ignitor and dented side cover are the way to go.

or

other option is to use a petronix in your existing distributor.

FJ60 big cap with matching coil igniter here, rebuilt and recurved by Jim C. It been nothing short of maintenance free, I set my timing when installed and haven’t touched it since.

FJ60 big cap with matching coil igniter here, rebuilt and recurved by Jim C. It been nothing short of maintenance free, I set my timing when installed and haven’t touched it since.
that is an interesting way to start a thread.

large cap distributor, coil ignitor and dented side cover are the way to go.

or

other option is to use a petronix in your existing distributor.
Ha. Most people start in about how you need to do a search when you ask a question on these forums. I just wanted to make sure that it was known that I did the search but didn’t find anything.
Thanks to all for the input

Exactly what I did also; very happy with the result.

Last edited:
12/68 Fj40. When it had the original f engine with Vacuum retard I had pertronix. Ran ok no issues. When I blew the engine and installed an 86 2f I installed a Chenoweth recurved large cap distributor. Ran really good. Also had a Chenoweth recurved large cap on my 87 Fj60. Ran so much better. If you have more pressing issues take your time to find the necessary parts and send them to @FJ40Jim you will be glad you did Until then run what you brung

Get a electronic from a 78 and newer 2F.
I've recently refurbished several early pre-electronic ignition 2F distributors (1/75 through 9/77) and installed new Toyota electronic ignition parts from '78 and later 2F distributors. I also installed new NipponDenso vacuum advancers. Look here for more details:

BTW, I have everything needed to build another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom