Best GX 460 floor liners ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I assume so. In my case, the OEM mat is form fitted to the cargo area perimeter, and the Weathertech is quite a bit smaller.

The OEM mats will not contain a spill. That's what I like about the Weather Tech's. If I hop in my GX with a boot full of snow or spill an entire mug of coffee, the WT's will contain the entire spill.

The OEM mats will not contain a spill. That's what I like about the Weather Tech's. If I hop in my GX with a boot full of snow or spill an entire mug of coffee, the WT's will contain the entire spill.
I was only speaking about the cargo area.

Definitely getting WT or Husky for the front rows.

Anyone have any pictures with the Husky's or WeatherTech's in the Ecru interior?
Google did me little use for good pictures.

Here are some pic's of my brown Weather Tech's in my White on Ecru interior 2013 GX premium. Apologies for how the front mats look. My wife and I went "snow-wheel'n" this last weekend up in our local mountains and I haven't had the time to wash them out yet.
BUT... They worked great as you can see!!:clap: Kept all the muck contained and off the base carpet! I just need to be careful getting in and out and not dragging my pant leg on the muddy rock sliders.
When they are clean I always keep the factory brown carpet mats on top of the WT's and it looks totally natural.
You can see in the picture of my rear (middle) seat mat how it looks with the factory carpet laid on top.

So far, I love them! We also have them in my wife's 2007 Tacoma 4x4 and she loves them because she surf's almost every other day and has to deal with sand and salt water drippings.

20190123_070551.jpg

20190123_070557.jpg

20190123_070634.jpg

20190123_070653.jpg

20190123_070658.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a black floor mat with ecru. I've got black in the cargo area as well.
IMG_4203.JPG

Casting another vote for the 3D Maxpider mats. They don't get slick like the WT and Huskys, and they stay in place thanks to the backing material. Had them in my Tacoma that I just let go of, and they're on order for the GX.

Just to the 3D Maxpider website and didn't see anything for the GX, not even Lexus!
Just on Toyota item and that was for the 4Runner.

Just got a 2015 GX 460 (white w/black interior ) and need to put some floor liners in it . Long time Toyota owner here (15 Tundra owner as well ) I have weather tech in the Tundra and most folks on Tundras.com prefer the Husky brand (more coverage ) . I will be on here with more questions I am sure .
thanks in advance !

S
When I sold the 10' 4runner I pulled the weather techs out and they fit perfectly in the GX . I had to punch to holes in front Pass side for the retainer pins to fit, but fit great just like the 4runner.

Those DO look nice!!!
Will the factory carpet mats fit over these in the front and attach/clip to the front floor hooks?
I was able to do that with the WT's I have. I always keep my factory carpets on top of the WT's (there's room on the floor hook to attach my factory carpet over the WT's) and keep everything in place. When the going gets muddy/dirty, I just pull off the factory carpet mats, toss them in the back, leaving the WT's in place. Instantly to go for rough and muddy conditions!

Those DO look nice!!!
Will the factory carpet mats fit over these in the front and attach/clip to the front floor hooks?
I was able to do that with the WT's I have. I always keep my factory carpets on top of the WT's (there's room on the floor hook to attach my factory carpet over the WT's) and keep everything in place. When the going gets muddy/dirty, I just pull off the factory carpet mats, toss them in the back, leaving the WT's in place. Instantly to go for rough and muddy conditions!

Thanks.

Honestly, it's a tremendously terrible idea to stack floor mats. Remember the nasty recall and investigation on Toyota a few years back?

Anyway, unlike the WT mats, the Maxpider are not as slick and actually look more pleasing as they aren't a liner per se. They truly are a mat with a fibrous backing and a thick material. They aren't a flimsy plastic liner.

Thanks.

Honestly, it's a tremendously terrible idea to stack floor mats. Remember the nasty recall and investigation on Toyota a few years back?

Anyway, unlike the WT mats, the Maxpider are not as slick and actually look more pleasing as they aren't a liner per se. They truly are a mat with a fibrous backing and a thick material. They aren't a flimsy plastic liner.

So, you don’t like Weather Tech I take it lol

So, you don’t like Weather Tech I take it lol
I had them in two vehicles, and they're nice, but I always had to bend and mold them with a heat gun. They never fit to my expectations, and for the cost I just couldn't look past that.
Second vehicle with the Maxpider and I cannot complain. They fit right out of the box is very good, and they're more robust. Much like an actual mat.

Just ordered a Husky cargo liner, was half looking at Xmas time but somehow saved $40 by waiting, which is odd because the CAN dollar has been losing ground :meh:

Just ordered a Husky cargo liner, was half looking at Xmas time but somehow saved $40 by waiting, which is odd because the CAN dollar has been losing ground :meh:
I was disappointed in the fit of my HuskyLiner in our '13. After giving it time to unroll and get settled (few weeks), the edges still seemed to be sort of soft and without much structure (especially up against the door). This experience made me glad I went with the WeatherTech 1st and 2nd row mats.

I ended up returning to Husky and got the OEM Lexus mat from a dealer on Ebay for $90.

Hopefully your experience is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom