Best Fox Shocks for a 2012 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
I've got a friend (really, not me), with a 2012 FJ Cruiser. He wants Fox Shocks w/ reservoir and has 2" body lift. What are you all running and recommend?

Thanks much!

Most just recommend the 2.5 kit, and then it depends if he has extra weight to carry around...bumper, winch, ect. If so, then also upgrading to maybe the 650# springs is in order.

Body lift technically doesnt impact the suspension, but if its a 2" I have to assume he has steel bumpers, or did some magic to the stock ones to fit.

For all around trail and daily driver, an adjustable suspension lift (Fox, Icon, Radflo, ...) represents a solid investment. These are adjustable so the ride height can be dialed in a bit to fit his driving needs. The suspension lift will provide plenty of room for larger ties. FJ Cruiser lift kits explained

Depending on the tire size your friend chooses he should plan on a BMC (body mount chop) to avoid tire rub. If your friend is going to invest in the remote reserves, he may want to consider upgrading the rear shock from 2" up to 2.5" matching the 2.5" coil overs up front. If he plans to drive washboard gravel roads all day with a full complement of overland gear in the back, he will be happy with the upgrade.

He pulled the trigger on the 2.5 Fox - not exactly sure which one... And funny you should mention the washboard roads; that's what prompted the upgrade after blowing out both fronts on a long, washboard at 40 mph with large tires at street psi !

Cheers.

Depending on the tire size your friend chooses he should plan on a BMC (body mount chop) to avoid tire rub. If your friend is going to invest in the remote reserves, he may want to consider upgrading the rear shock from 2" up to 2.5" matching the 2.5" coil overs up front. If he plans to drive washboard gravel roads all day with a full complement of overland gear in the back, he will be happy with the upgrade.

Not for my FJ Cruiser but for my Tacoma I have bought but yet install a King set-up for this reason. Heading up the James Bay Road in Quebec late this summer. It's a very long ride and I want to be able to make time on what is described as pretty bad pavement that eats Jeeps for lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom