Best exahust location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
As per my 3FJ40 project and my 3F-E, what is the best exhaust location? I've got the twin exhaust manifolds coming down on the driver's side. Since this is custom work anyway, would it make most sense to Y-pipe into a single pipe, throw dual pipes out each side before the rear wheels?

I don't know much about costing exhaust systems and want to stay as reasonably $ as I can.

I just had mine redone, 2F header to single 2.5" pipe to turbo muffler and out the back due to my rear axle being moved back. $165 out the door with all the nice hangers and the mating flange to the header. A single pipe is all you need, duals is just going to cost more and not give that much, if any, power gains.
-Brian

Which begs the question that I wish I did/should know, what was the factory routing on the exhaust?

I have slight intracacy because I now have two downpipes, not one from the 3F-E manfold.

3fj40 said:
Which begs the question that I wish I did/should know, what was the factory routing on the exhaust?

I have slight intracacy because I now have two downpipes, not one from the 3F-E manfold.

OEM routing on the 3FE in the 62 is one outside the frame and one inside which sux, loose the cats, unless you have to have them to pass emmisions and have a 2 into one built, go with 2 1/4 or 2 1/2" pipe from there, over the skid plate and over the axle and out, use a Flowmaster or clone......some of my stuff here,
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377731&highlight=exhaust
the routing will be the same regardless of V8 or 6.

3fj40 said:

On mine it's easy to see the route, there are notchs in the skid plate next to the frame to clerance the pipe and a heat shield under the tub over the Drivers wheel where the muffler mounts.

Here are some pics of my exhaust system, custom made 2 into 1 pipe from my MAF headers...

RedAxle-30.jpg

RedAxle-38.jpg

All above the skid plate....

RedAxle-32.jpg

RedAxle-36.jpg

There are some more pics here....

http://www.mindcrater.com/Galleries-2005/Gallery-Redaxle/index_2.htm

Good luck!

-Steve

Hey Poser,
Dumb question to some but... what the heck is the principle for the driveline into the Atlas? Is it dropped in that pic? For mad flexing and articulation? Whatever it is it looks bad a#%

The truck was on the hoist... ;)

Thanks!

:beer:

Poser, dosen't that cook you in the summer? Looks like the muffler is right under your seat.

rusty_tlc said:
Poser, dosen't that cook you in the summer? Looks like the muffler is right under your seat.

Only a bikini top.... ;)

08Feb04-096.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom