Best "easy" camping food (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Smithfield pre-seasoned pork tenderloins. We call it "turd in a bag". Can't get much easier, cut the top off, toss it on the grille.

IMG_6020.JPG

^ Funny...I remember @Cruiserdrew telling me a bunch of years ago, after he got back from Alaska Cruiser Trek, hot dogs and ketchup were the go to for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And ketchup was considered the 'vegetable' of the meals. :D

^ Funny...I remember @Cruiserdrew telling me a bunch of years ago, after he got back from Alaska Cruiser Trek, hot dogs and ketchup were the go to for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And ketchup was considered the 'vegetable' of the meals. :D

When I was young and went fishing often with an uncle I think(?), all we ever had was a cold hot dog on a piece of white bread. No condiments.

Frito Chilli Pie is my go to easy meal and it's always well received (1 pot). Chicked quesadillas are also easy if you pre-slice the chicken (1 pan).

I learned a poorman's recipe from South America. You take regular white rice, and a few well-cleaned whole eggs in shell.

You start the water boiling, get your dry rice in there, then put your eggs in the same pot. When the rice is cooked, so are the eggs!

Then you have some curry powder, cooking oil, onions and garlic, tomatoes simmering in a pan nearby. Gently roll your shelled hardboiled eggs in the curry sauce, dinner is ready!

This one really keeps costs and fuel to a minimum.

Otherwise, Minute Rice works much faster when you need rice at a campsite, but won't work here.

When I go camping i usally drink so much beer i forget to eat dinner.

This is often my problem.

I've been in the habit lately of making burritos with various stuffings (breakfast ones, dinner ones) ahead of time, wrapping in tin foil and sticking them in the fridge in the truck. Makes it really easy to heat up and chow down when I get hungry.

I really like the indian food packs they sell at Trader Joes. You just drop the pack in boiling water for 3 minutes to heat it up and put it on top of rice, quinoa, noodles, whatever and then toss some fresh diced onion, cilantro, any veg to make it extra nice. Quick, easy, cheap, healthy and filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom