Best? Discount Tire store (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RET2

SILVER Star
Threads
Starting down the slippery slope of second set of tires and rims, would like to use Discount Tire and want to have new set TPMS 'cloned' to stock units. Is there a particular shop that is better at this task? Having nightmares of a SJW in flannels working on my rig, that being said it could be worse if I were to get a Tech stream and attempt it myself. :rofl:

I always used the DT shop at the corner of Broadway and Washington in Escondido, but I don't have TPMS. They never complained about balancing and rotating my 37's every six weeks.

I am there right now myself. As far as your wheels, I don't have an answer. I think I'm going with the SCS F5 17", although I have started looking at a strong beadlock wheel.
I think for tires I would go back to Discount Tire. The shop in Encinitas is very workable on price
I did a lot of research and found a killer online price and they beat it by 10%. I got 285 75 16 BFG KM2 for 180 each. I thought that was a good deal. That included mount balance and road hazard. Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

The road hazard was well worth the price IMO given the roads I wheeled out there. Got 2 of my tires replaced for free.

As far as "real" beadlocks go, probably only a few places that will actually mount them. ORW or 4WheelParts, possibly so specialized offroad race shops. I'd call David at Bent Motor Sports for true beadlock questions.

The road hazard was well worth the price IMO given the roads I wheeled out there. Got 2 of my tires replaced for free.

As far as "real" beadlocks go, probably only a few places that will actually mount them. ORW or 4WheelParts, possibly so specialized offroad race shops. I'd call David at Bent Motor Sports for true beadlock questions.
Hey Chap, are you running beadlocks? If so can you tell me if you ever said, " I am so glad I had beadlocks". I don't air down past say 15 lbs very often, in fact I don't think I've been below 20 lbs.

Hey Chap, are you running beadlocks? If so can you tell me if you ever said, " I am so glad I had beadlocks". I don't air down past say 15 lbs very often, in fact I don't think I've been below 20 lbs.
I don't have beadlocks because of mounting and DOT issues. You pretty much give up having any tire place touch your wheels, so if you find yourself in a pinch needing a replacement you're SOL.

DT and America's Tire are the same company, and their customer service and pricing is without peer. I have bought over six sets of tires there over the years, and referred many friends their way. There is actually a book written about (by?) the company founder describing his ascent and deep commitment to his customers and employees.
I actually bought a set of Falken tires there and decided Two Years Later that I didn't like them. They bought them back from me and gave me a discounted price on new KO2's. The shop is built on making sure you come back - they are fantastic.

DT wouldn't touch my 100 series because I have spacers for my Rock Warriors. That's a company wide policy they have. I used 4wheel Parts in San Marcos, pretty sure they price match.
This is going to be my issue too. I'll just have to work around it by installing my tires and rims after they mount them. Not a big issue just extra trips.

I always used the DT shop at the corner of Broadway and Washington in Escondido, but I don't have TPMS. They never complained about balancing and rotating my 37's every six weeks.
Thanks I'll head down there and talk to them today

DT wouldn't touch my 100 series because I have spacers for my Rock Warriors. That's a company wide policy they have. I used 4wheel Parts in San Marcos, pretty sure they price match.
This is going to be my issue too. I'll just have to work around it by installing my tires and rims after they mount them. Not a big issue just extra trips.
FWIW I have spacers on our Sequoia and BMW. No issues with our local shop.

@RET2, just take them the wheels and have them mount them to them and balance. You install them or come to my house which is a 5 minute drive to a DT and finish here. I get my trailer tires by doing the same thing of just taking the wheels in.

Thanks, just have to trust that the sensors get cloned properly and I'll be good, if they aren't it will be a Chinese fire drill.

Sweet

Another vote for DT, this time the one on South Melrose in Vista. I've been using their price match for years and their service is second to none. I used to run spacers in my Tacoma but then I wised up and decided spacers aren't thee best solution to a cosmetic problem :popcorn:

Thanks guys, I knew about the aversion to working with vehicles with spacers and was looking for a sympathetic location. Bingo, found a couple. Should be an interesting ($) week. Pics when mission accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom