Best clutch for H55f-FJ62 W33's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got the CCOT kit and having second thoughts- thinking about returning it and picking up thier heavy duty Toyota one instead- I want this clutch to last. I don't rock crawl etc but I do tow a very small boat- 500-700lbs from time to time

Stock gears- 33x9.5 BFG AT

Worth the extra 100 or so? Not really sure what the cost difference will be.

Any other ideas or recommendations? Have searched and found that the centerforce is not the way to go. Or is it?

Thanks

Get a stock Toyota 2F Clutch or an LUK. Stockers often last 200k. Given the work involved in swapping a clutch, this doesn't seem like the place to save $$.

I agree with not wanting to cheap out on these parts and have to redo it 50-75k down the road cause of some junk parts. Would that one that CCOT has as a heavy duty - is it just stock and thiers is not. I think the one that comes in the kit by itself is like 40 bucks.

Looking at the Marlin clutches- seems like a good deal?

I know nothing about these clutches

I know nothing about these clutches

In that case, get a stock Toyota clutch. They last a long while and there will be no surprises. Try Cruiserdan at American Toyota.

CCoT as a general rule, has Taiwan or China made parts. They are not my favorite vendor. Do a search on this site for details.

Do you have all of the hydraulics already?

What bellhousing are you using?

X2 on CCOT tiwan crap. Dont know what I was thinking- Came as a whole kit per the mechanic who is doing this swap- Using donor parts he has that I am buying from him. I bought new H55f and toyota tranny stuff from Toyota of Dallas

I believe that you get comparable to OEM Asco/Aisin parts from a wide variety of vendors. As always, in addition to the bearings (TO and pilot), don't forget the rear main seal.

Marlin

Did you check out Marlin's clutches?he got a variety of different set up that you will find to suit your needs.I myself is considering of getting a set from him soon. Marlin Crawler.com

John

try looking at Exedy clutches, I have used a wide variety of their stuff across many different applications, exceptional quality and great prices.

I get crazy milage out of my clutches and I have them rebuilt by a reputable shop when they are toast. Six States clutch shop in Salt Lake City has been, for me, beyond reproach in their service, quality and price. I have been going there for more than twenty years. If they can successfully rebuild clutches for over the road semis, I think anything else should be relatively simple for them. My current clutch from Six States has 110K on it. I got a chance to check it out when I swapped in the NV4500 (I had an H55F behind a 350) and it shows vitually no wear. It will go 200K easily. I highly reccomend them wherever you are.

info help Plesse
received_190786158796374.jpeg
received_208934380161158.jpeg

info help Plesse

Your clutch disc is broken.

Assuming you have some variant of Toyota diesel - terrain tamer has some heavy duty clutch kits. You might want to consider a heavier clutch based on the look of that trailer.

Last edited:
X2 on terrain tamer heavy duty clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom