Best caster correction for ~2" lift? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No. If you’re using caster correction bushings or caster plates these will move your tie rod closer to your radius arms and may cause interference.

However, with these brackets they lower the rear of the arm, which actually moves the arm away from your tire rod end. Due to the fact that this version of the bracket pushes the tires forward he notes that it may cause interference with the pan hard rod which may require some grinding.

I never said anything about tire size affecting caster.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your comment about 35's

These Eim Keith brackets are basically what I was thinking of trying to fabricate myself.... If I tried to make these they certainly would not have looked as good. I don't know how I missed them as a product. I had no idea they were on the market. They sound like a good set up if your not using the a 80 as a rock crawler. I just did some icon caster bushings to try them out and because having a press I could do them on my own and they were meant to be a cheap fix for the next year. I wish I would have just ordered these instead. So for smaller lifts the only advantage that I can see with delta vs arms is retaining the original ground clearance where the arm meets the frame and (if you need them) you get new oem bushings pre-installed.

I am also running caster correction bushings. I'm told they don't last long, thus I'll be moving to one of these solutions, sooner or later.

I am supporting FJ80 vendors. Have you seen the posts where I've pushed a small business making Fj80 specific parts.

Low end 2” Ironman lift here with Landtank caster plates, new OEM bushings and DeltaVS panard lift bracket, 35’s and it drives great.

I ran the OME 2.5" lift with the castor correction bushings and can definitely state that the Delta Arms were a huge improvement. Prior to going to the Deltas, I was going to add the trunnion bearings @leonard_nemoy suggested at the next knuckle service but, felt that the two items together may act more like a bandaid. Buying the Delta arms may have been the best mod I have done to the vehicle.

Ultimately, correcting castor with a consumable parts (bearings and bushings) is not the best way to address this, the drop brackets, castor correction plates or arms are best. I just felt the added flex, possible issues with sway bar clearance and apparent increase in durability made the purchase of the Delta Arms a no brainer, even if they were spendy. Again, probably the best mod I have done.
What size of the delta arms did you end up getting?

I have a ‘91 (33”’s) which I lifted with the OME 2.5” kit. It was squirrelly afterwards at speed, so I installed the eimkieth drop brackets.
They improved the stability but not back to stock. I then installed the 1 degree caster correction trunnion bearings from slee. Now it’s very stable and smooth.

I ran the OME 2.5" lift with the castor correction bushings and can definitely state that the Delta Arms were a huge improvement. Prior to going to the Deltas, I was going to add the trunnion bearings @leonard_nemoy suggested at the next knuckle service but, felt that the two items together may act more like a bandaid. Buying the Delta arms may have been the best mod I have done to the vehicle.

Ultimately, correcting castor with a consumable parts (bearings and bushings) is not the best way to address this, the drop brackets, castor correction plates or arms are best. I just felt the added flex, possible issues with sway bar clearance and apparent increase in durability made the purchase of the Delta Arms a no brainer, even if they were spendy. Again, probably the best mod I have done.
which arms did you get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom