best canned beer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
I'm usually drinking out of a bottle and realize that there are some inherent dangers around having bottles in camp and in the truck while going overland.

So this summers project will be to identify the best beers that can be gotten in can form.

For the sake of saving band width lets just move past the Miller/Bush/Bud/Coors crap and go to the next shelf.

My first attempt is an Mexican beer called Modello Especial
ModeloEspecial_Bottles.jpg

Subscribing! I hear ya on the dangers but man theres nothing like a beer in a bottle....and wine in a box!

these beers are great Dales Pale Ale | Oskar Blues

they sell them at 5th Ave Liq here in MA. All in cans and all amazing.

Fat Tire is also in cans but not available. Closest place to here to buy fat tire is Indiana

i also like the dales pale ale
hey john have you ever checked out bottletrek.com they ship fat tire back this way--just not to MA

I like Guiness but I'm not man enough to pound 6 of those down in a sitting. There's like a pork chop in every can.

There's a distinct advantage with guiness though. If you bring enough, you don't have to bring any food! Like you said, a pork chop in every can:lol:

I think there is a Scotch ale that I like in a can I will have to look for it.

I remember a number of people like Old Speckled Hen but I don't recall being impressed myself.

My solution is to pack the bottles better! HA!
Seriously I have bottles floating around in coolers all summer on the boat(s) and never had one break yet! Out of the cooler on deck or doing something stupid is another question.
Life's to short to drink crap beer.

My solution is to pack the bottles better! HA!
Seriously I have bottles floating around in coolers all summer on the boat(s) and never had one break yet! Out of the cooler on deck or doing something stupid is another question.
Life's to short to drink crap beer.

I brought bottles in my cooler when I went to my first CMCC and none of them broke, but the caps lost their seals and the whole truck smelled of beer. That may be due to the fact that I was using screw top bottles but I don't know.

funny thing is most people are finding that the beer in the can tastes better than it's counter part in a bottle. My favorite beers will never be in a can so I'm looking for something tolerable.

went to my local store yesterday and saw Nantucket brewers, Blue Moon, and a SUmmer Shandy in cans and Harpoon is doing them starting next week.

I ordered Fat Tire from the website posted above. Should be here in a week. Yum.

the whole flat tire thing reminds me of back in the 70s when you couldn't get Coors east of the Mississippi. Everyone was so wanting that stuff. They even made a movie about it. And in the end Meh!

I'll have to try it again but the first time was nothing special for me. Kind of like a movie not living up to the hype.

I lived 3 miles from the brewery when I was out there for 6 years so more of a nostalgia thing.

I'm willing to give it another go. I actually worked with a guy from WI where it can be readily bought. I asked him to look out for some.

The Belgium counter part to Fat Tire is Palm, which I have on hand and wouldn't mind comparing them side to side.

the whole flat tire thing reminds me of back in the 70s when you couldn't get Coors east of the Mississippi. Everyone was so wanting that stuff. They even made a movie about it. And in the end Meh!

I'll have to try it again but the first time was nothing special for me. Kind of like a movie not living up to the hype.

OMG _ sacrilege!!! Fat Tire is my all time favorite beer. (next to Maudite) but that doesn't come in a can...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom