Best Bulbs for Instrument Cluster Please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't know which way to go, Magnum from CCOT or LED. If LED what part number?

Thank you!

This post is what i referenced. This whole thread had lots of good info.

led all the way, lights, high beam indicator and turn signal indicators.

jan22leds.jpg

I'm not completely sold on going all in with LEDs. I started down that rabbit hole and I may revert back. I like my indicator LEDs, turn and high beam, but the guage cluster lights are a bit too bright. Its distracting while driving in complete darkness. They do not dim and that's my problem with them. I love the color options. I need to playground and see if I can shade the lumens a bit.

How about LED but with a warmer temperature, not as harsh? Anyone have part numbers?

Using the thread above as a guide to LED Part numbers, goto www.superbrightLEDs.com and find the part # and see if they offer a warmer version of it. IE lower "tempertature" get 4000K instead of 6000K.

I did run into a problem today putting the 5-LED into my cluster. It was too tall to fit with the interior light shields in place. I am ordering a couple different ones instead. In the indicators and the high beam they looked great. I also have a 60 series tach in a 40 bezel that looked good with the LED. I used the 4k bulbs.

Trying this:

This was too tall:

I'm not completely sold on going all in with LEDs. I started down that rabbit hole and I may revert back. I like my indicator LEDs, turn and high beam, but the guage cluster lights are a bit too bright. Its distracting while driving in complete darkness. They do not dim and that's my problem with them. I love the color options. I need to playground and see if I can shade the lumens a bit.
The military uses red and green bulbs for nighttime operations. Here are the LED’s on on a HMMWV dash.

1661051930053.jpeg

1661052157246.jpeg

Picture was taken on same dash 44 miles apart.

@Unimogguy , do the dash lights change color from red to green over time?
Actually they start off blue. Then transition to the later colors.
1661094188085.jpeg

JK. Different bulbs for a different color option. These photos were taken from a aftermarket HHMWV manufacturer’s website who sells the LED dash light kits. I was just trying to show @samatulich other color options thinking that they probably had white LED installed. However I do have the green bulbs installed in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom