best bronze wheel and tire combo 2013 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations on best bronze wheel and tire combo. Would like to stay at 33' and 17 or 18; don't want to do any/minimal modifications. 2013 LX with AHC still intact
Mostly on the road, occasional trail and farm, so not needing a real aggressive tire just something that looks good.
thanks in advance!

I would go with the OZ Raids and what ever 33" tire you like. I would go 18" and run a 275/70r18. I think he is running 285/65/18 on black wheels but they have a great looking bronze @ Tire Rack

Here’s the best, but they are pricey and come with a wait time. (Option 1B is LC HE Bronze Forged BBS)

Thread 'Evo Corse DakarZero'
Evo Corse DakarZero - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/evo-corse-dakarzero.1163448/

1638594666599.jpeg

and here are what I would get if I needed something quick. +25 offset on lower side, but proven to work fine by many a MUD member.

Thread 'Icon Vector 5 on 200 stock suspension'
Icon Vector 5 on 200 stock suspension - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/icon-vector-5-on-200-stock-suspension.1229753/

1638594750456.jpeg

There is also Alphaequipt who has a few bronze wheels in good offsets (ideally you are looking for +50 - +35) And available on tire rack.

Post in thread 'Aftermarket Wheel Thread (non Toyota, non TRD)'
Aftermarket Wheel Thread (non Toyota, non TRD) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/aftermarket-wheel-thread-non-toyota-non-trd.926543/post-14158198

1638595464177.jpeg

As far as tires, I only have experience with one AT (Toyo AT3) and it’s fine I guess, like I said, haven’t tried any others. After shopping for a while I came to conclusion that finding a 17” wheel is beneficial (all wheels above come in 17” version) since in a lot of cases the wheels were cheaper and the tires are always cheaper in like height/width from 17“ to 18”. I suspect though, if cost wasn’t a factor an 18” is probably better if your goal is a mostly Highway and sometimes off-road mix of driving.

Last edited:
I'm running 18X9 FUEL OFF-ROAD SHOK MT BRONZE with NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLER LT285 /65 R18. Only thing I had to do is remove the front mud flat. Drives nice and smooth!

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

Reactions: HGB
Alphaequipt has several wheel options at Tire rack right now on clearance. Both 18 and 17 with a choice of offsets and two bronze colors.

If you want to be in the ideal offset range it looks like you have to go with 17s from all my research.
Too few options in 18" unless you want to go custom. Not that an 18" will be bad necessarily in the offsets they come, but not optimal.

Now, IMO 18" looks best for the size of the vehicle and obviously 17" is better for wheeling.
You should also know that there are more tire options in 17".

Way too may threads to reference but there are some recent ones where we've discussed the current options with some other members.

Evo corse is the only +40 option out there which would put you around factory scrub the way most of our trucks are outfitted (mild lift, big tires etc).
+25 looks best, and +35 is goldi-locks in form/aggressiveness and function.

From my understanding (and i dont have too many photos to know) +40 should get you about flush to fenders, anything lower is poke territory.
If you're going to plus size tires, factory offsets wont be "correct" anymore so the TRD wheels will need spacers.
Rubbing is another issue with that high an offset but less so in the Lexus. Either way you will probably need spacers so thats up to you.
Other than that obviously BBS forged TRD bronze HE wheels are the "best" for lack of better terms in all metrics including weight and QA.

Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom