Best/brightest headlight bulb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just noticed one of my headlight low beam bulb is out, I forgot that bulb I used for many years (could be a PIAA), it had the HID like white light output and lasted many years.
I assume bulb technology has advanced in the past few years, any recommendations on a replacement bulb that's bright and reliable? Thanks.

1609642647950.png

There are plenty theards on the topic. The short version is that for older 100s with halogen, the best easy update is swapping for HIR bulbs. The next step up is to insert HID projectors in your headlamps. LED is not panacea: it is brighter but the light pattern is different to the one the reflector is designed for. As a result, you are not getting full efficiency and also may blind on coming cars. Cheap ebay chinese sellers may claim otherwise, i have not specifically tested these.

I have been running HIR for the past 8 years and they work as advertised.

I did see some threads on the HIR's, but couldn't find HIR 9006 low beam bulbs on the internet I did see other types, am I not looking correctly?
I just installed the Phillips XTreme Vision bulbs for the time being so I don't get pulled over. some links to the HIR bulbs would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom