Best Bedliner for full body paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6-7 rattle cans of rustoleum Ultra Flat Khaki have held up surprisingly well. going on 3years since 1st application and mine sits in the California sun 24/7. roof and hood may need a 1can touchup but that will take all of 20min and a simple rinseoff with a hose as prep. Ultra flat goes on real flat with No streaking.

Real happy-real cheap and definitely looks about 1/10th as “ghetto-liscous” as the “ i just bedlined my rig beside my doublewide with a paint roller -bedlined-look. :)

Sorry- but bedliner looks like ass. Id definitely spend the $38 for 6 cans of this.....and in 3years if you still aren’t digging it....you can always blow your wad of cash on a fancy shmancy white trash bedliner of choice and go drink PBR’s down by the river with Scotty And the bedliner-boys :flipoff2:

A few things to think about:

-⎌replacing quarter panels etc......easily done with spare rattle can to match......bedliner—>Gotta order fresh quart (cuz this s*** doesn’t have a shelf life.).

-need to weld on something.....easy peasy with ultra flat.....not so easy with bedliner. Sanding it Is a bitch and then u are back to ordering a fresh quart again vs pulling an old rattle can off the shelf.

-rip off a mirror etc. replace and shoot......vs ordering another fresh quart which you will use only 1/10th of and then throw away the rest as it has no shelf life once opened.

- slam a giant dent in your door from a huge boulder......grab a cheapie door and 5min with a 1/2used rattle can on the shelf and u are back in biz. bedliner.....you need to go order yet another fresh can of bedliner/sand /prep/lay flat/ 2-3coats to slowly build thickness evenness......and it still may peel around the edges.

Ive done all of the above and am damn glad bedliner wasn’t part of any of those equations.

this is ONLY possible with the ultra flat.....regular rattle cans just don’t come out as seamless and streak free and look just as bad as bedliner.

Hi, sorry for reviving this old thread, but I like your khaki LC and I am thinking of doing the same. Mine is very similar, 35", mild lift, no flares or running boards, minimalistic armor, and even the wheels look similar (mine are from a 4runner.)

So, is it Rustoleum or Krylon? You had said Krylon in an earlier post, probably around the time you painted it.

Is it still holding up?
Unrelated question: what front bumper do you have? Is it Rock Defense?

Thanks in advance!

im pretty sure its Krylon Ultra Flat Khaki.

still good - sprayed a fender touch ups and the hood and roof that faces the sun had gone thin.....so 2 more cans and it was good to go.

front and rear bumpers i made. both are 2" seamless d.o.m. tubing and both are very light compared to most stuff on the market. light and strong is the way to go on a cruiser.....vs ARB or other stuff thwts designed to look cool. d.o.m tubing is made to absorb and seamless dom wont break or has a much higher point of failure/ripping and absorbs a ton of energy.

my rear bumper has been hit twice.....one by a cheif of police in a city car- his hood was fawked. i got scratches

the other one was a woman pulling out of a Jack in the box....full accelleration right into the corner. blew her radiator and her sons/ passenger who didnt have his seatbelt on head went into windshield and and spidered the glass/ blood and hair left behind . !! her car was fawked. my bumper again scratched and drove her whole front end down under the bumper.

Last edited:
Since this is the tread that comes up Googling this topic, I thought I would add a link to my recent post on this subject...

I hope this helps someone.

monstaliner over epoxy paint (I use southern poly)

@magnetman

I have done 3 cars now. It is tintable. For Pete's sake, Lend a hand

UV stable... Don't really have firsthand experience. FOO is about 3 years old, but only sees the sun about 10 days a year.

as for durable, check out page 40 of this thread. FOO took a beating...

Monstaliner Bedliner

2e561844-31c8-494f-b90d-f747e092097a-jpeg.1571974

Here is after hitting two trees and pivoting on another.

img_8892-jpg.1544620

After a little porta power action....

img_9157-jpg.1578419
My I ask which colour this is?

Love the desert tan color, but my interior is grey leather, so I went with Basalt Gray, which is offered directly from U-POL for their tintable Raptor product. I receive offers to buy my rig nearly every time I take it out of the garage....:oops:

Love the texture, I have a tan gold dune or whatever you call it lx 450, with arb and kaymar bumpers. It’s time to do the paint etc as I have some scratches and a bit or rust. Undercarriage is excellent. So I’m thinking two tone desert tan and old green.

Wow, I joined just to read and reply to this old thread, sorry for reviving it if it annoys anyone. I have Raptor lined two vehicles using the vari nozzle gun from Raptor and they both came out pretty good, one of them is my land lords mini truck but I am no body guy, or painter, so in certain lights theres some very light tiger stripes. It looks like the best way is to use the fine foam rollers!! people are getting great results it seems.

277772296_5656986504315409_8199780100098118704_n.jpg
311464760_6203283923018995_6572132972610847929_n.jpg
345262177_196432949878714_6966845574008627730_n.jpg

Cool little truck. Looks good in Kirmit-the-truck green.

I recently mashed up one of my fenders on the trail. Bedliner as paint really simplifies the restoration process.
Just pull the dents, fill and sand and re-spray with raptor.
And even though the earth smashed in the panels, the raptor prevented it from penetrating to the metal, so no rusting until I could get it repaired.

20230704_090306.jpg

20230701_100506.jpg

20230617_135441.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom