Best battery for a high power stereo system with a 260a alternator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My current battery a three year old Bosch Group 27 is getting weak. This battery is in the OEM position. I also have two lithium batteries where the OEM subwoofer used to be. Alternator is putting 14.5 volts and it is a DC Power 260a alternator.

I mostly drive my 2001 LX on the weekends and it does have up to 3,600 watts in a Sound Quality stereo. (This isn't one of those systems you hear at the red lights because I have only 1,200 watts going to the subwoofers.)

I have also upgraded almost every bulb inside and outside (including both sets of headlights) to the highest powered LEDs that I could find.

So my question is what do you think would be the best battery for my LX?

And is it worth it to do the Slee Battery main battery upgrade?

Best way- run separate wiring from alt to rear lithium.
Worst way- run front agm and rears parallel. You’re better off getting a new regular starting battery size 49.
Best middle of the road solution - run an isolator then you can get a group 49 agm From sams and it’s drop in. If your batteries in the rear are run parallel the agm will oull from the lithium to charge when car is off. You don’t want that for the life of the lithium’s.

what’s your setup? Stereo geek inquires

So far I haven't had a problem with the lithiums and the batteries are in parallel. I also hardly ever listen to the radio with the engine off. I am also using a wet cell Group 27 main starting battery.

Will a Group 49 battery fit into the OEM spot?

The stereo is a Kenwood Double Din, JBL MS-8 ProLogic7 DSP, three Arc Audio 1200.6 amps, Focal ES100K center channel, Focal 165KRX3 front doors, Focal ES165K rear doors, Focal ES100K behind the 3rd row seats, two AudioFrog GB10d2 subs tuned to 25hz. With this much power I run 3dB or less overlap, so it will play all day long and get pretty loud.

I don't need a new battery yet but when I do i'll probably go to a H8/49 AGM. It fits in the OEM spot but it's shorter and wider lengthwise than a 27F, some here put a spacer under it to raise it up closer to the battery tie down. If you do go down this road some also do a alternator voltage booster mod.

So far I haven't had a problem with the lithiums and the batteries are in parallel. I also hardly ever listen to the radio with the engine off. I am also using a wet cell Group 27 main starting battery.

Will a Group 49 battery fit into the OEM spot?

The stereo is a Kenwood Double Din, JBL MS-8 ProLogic7 DSP, three Arc Audio 1200.6 amps, Focal ES100K center channel, Focal 165KRX3 front doors, Focal ES165K rear doors, Focal ES100K behind the 3rd row seats, two AudioFrog GB10d2 subs tuned to 25hz. With this much power I run 3dB or less overlap, so it will play all day long and get pretty loud.
Yeah 49 is the size that fits no problem. Just grab a duracell from sams you’ll be fine

nice job on the ms-8, gem of a unit and super user friendly for the impact it makes on a radio. Those arc amps are sick..you got moneyyyyyyy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom