Best basket style rack for 200 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ironman has a few options.
I put in a smittybilt that fit between the stock tlc rails. Had to make brackets, but it was pretty straightforward.
Lots of folks like that gamiviti rack too.

IMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4501.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpeg

I went with Baja Rack when they had a promo deal. They also have accessory mounts for things like Wavian fuel cans, tools, lights etc... Mounting hardware is overall extremely heavy & sturdy. I also added 2 additional roof rack cross members.

20220212_165534s.jpg
20220211_131706s.jpg

Before a trip:
20220522_084251c.jpg

20220522_084322c.jpg

20220522_084328c-25pct.jpg

I went with Baja Rack when they had a promo deal. They also have accessory mounts for things like Wavian fuel cans, tools, lights etc... Mounting hardware is overall extremely heavy & sturdy. I also added 2 additional roof rack cross members.

Any issues with window noise?

Any issues with window noise?
You mean noise generated from the rack? Yes there was noise at 60mph+ but I'd say it's mostly from the awning. It gets worse as you add cargo. It doesn't bother us though. Closing the moon roof's sun shield helps a lot with noise.

You mean noise generated from the rack? Yes there was noise at 60mph+ but I'd say it's mostly from the awning. It gets worse as you add cargo. It doesn't bother us though. Closing the moon roof's sun shield helps a lot with noise.
Ah yes. Good to know!

Anyone here concerned about gas mileage?

The yakima one works great and holds a ton. The best part is that you can take it off in a couple of minutes so it's not up there the other 358 days of the year.

Everyone says Yakima Megawarrior from the HE makes a ton of noise. I actually don’t mind the look. Is that not the case?

Everyone says Yakima Megawarrior from the HE makes a ton of noise. I actually don’t mind the look. Is that not the case?
I can hear mine, but haven't (yet) taken it off. I have nothing to compare it to unfortunately.

I think you'll have noise with any roof rack once you load it with cargo.

hey thanks guys for the Gamiviti recommendations... 🍻

Yes, can totally make a raised basket rack for the 200. Couple examples from other body styles...

80_Expo+++up2.jpg

eric_expoup2.jpg

Send me a PM or email if you want to get into it... figure ~1500ish ballpark before shipping. :cheers:

I did something like this with my Front runner with the side bar extensions but it rattled like crazy so ended up taking it all apart. Just left the front quarter section on.

Anyone here concerned about gas mileage?
I recently added the Gamiviti, expo down rather than up, so not really a basket. I suspect I lost 1-mpg on my first longer trip (600 miles round trip). It's tough to say once you are on the highway, speed plays the biggest role in mpgs. Have basically the same trip coming this weekend. On the plus side, I still hit 17mpg with the Gamaviti and a kayak on top this past weekend while driving 60 mph for about 160 miles round trip (93 octane w/ ethanol).

On a side note, my Gamiviti came with a custom fairing that was considerably bigger (6-8" wider and 1-2" taller) than the supplied fairing. I just installed the suppled unit this week, so wondering if that will help with the MPG stated above at all. The Kayak is the only thing I've loaded on roof so far. I suspect that once you actually start putting stuff up there, the MPG hit will be greater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom