Best auxiliary lighting for your buck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm on the same page as Elic and cruiserpilot, LED's are too much light in the wrong places. And if you have a overhead light bar that is positioned in the wrong spot it could be down right dangerous to the driver.
Our White work trucks are equipped with over light bars, and I don't even consider using them in conditions that would warrant additional lighting. The glare is just too much.
My old Tundra had 3 KC 806's built into the valance, those were far better then the LED's on our work trucks.

Amazon product ASIN B006V7TBBA
Any thoughts on these? I think halogen will do just fine for me unless there's a real great reason to upgrade the 300 bucks to a pair of lightforce HID's. 100W spread beam seems like a good set to add to the front ARB bull bar for night driving in rural areas.

Well, I went with the 24V 250W FyrLyt ! Super customer service. They are wicked bright with
full light colour spectrum. Best lights I’ve ever followed.

1E3F4E7F-CC60-4ACB-841C-934901B2DEEB.jpeg

You can’t go to 24V. A lot of the JDM and European trucks were 24V for NATO specs IIRC. So
one difference is 24V lights use 1/2 amperage. So a 12V light at 150W is approx 15A draw. That same 150W
at 24V only draws 12.5A in use. I’m being very simplistic. Low amp draw is desirable for battery longevity.
But you don’t want to run any kind of aftermarket lights without a direct battery feed and a relay system.
That way your alternator can catch up to the draw. Low amperage draw is a big appeal to LED lights,
FWTW.
Keep your 12V, look at setting up a dual battery system and you won’t be disappointed and always utilize
a quality wiring harness and relay with any lights you get.
I’m getting the same FYRLYT’s in 12V for my 60 as soon as money is found. But will limit to 150W, not the 250’s

My wallet got the best of me and I opted for a set of auxbeam 80w LED combo flood/spot and a hella dual wiring harness. I also ordered a on-off-on switch to tap into my high beams. Hopefully this goes smoothly. I've not done a ton of wiring but think I'm up to the task with some muddy help here... I read the let there be light thread and still found it quite piecemeal and confusing to follow. Any thoughts on a complete tutorial to do this would be so appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom