Best Air Bags for Rear Coils? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
I installed some Firestone Coil Rites a few years ago to use when pulling our camper.
I went to air them up yesterday and the DS is split, the PS has a hole in it.
Darn.
This is going to seriously hose my plans for getting the camper to the Black Hills Cruiser Classic.
It looks like my options are more Firestone, or Airlift?
Any other ideas?
I am in CO.

Air Lift 1000s are great. Had them in my truck for several years now towing, wheeling or daily driving they haven't leaked at all.

Thanks. I would be willing to give these a try.
Looks like the soonest I would see these from Amazon is Monday. My original plan was to pull out (w/ the camper) this Friday.
Could I get some cheese for my whine? :)

Airlifts seem decent. They install opposite from your firestones. You will need to drill out the bottom spring perch to allow some movement of the bag with the hose at the bottom. These bags have a max PSI of "35 or 50" according to the instructions.

I just did a round trip with my 06 Cruiser towing the 87 pickup Chicago to Hot Springs AR. I did lose an airbag about 4 hours into the trip which was alarming. Then I realized I was over the max PSI by 10 lbs. I moved the truck back on the trailer to let up on the tongue weight a little, next day'd another set of bags, payed the idiot tax, and was on my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom