Best AHC fluid source - shipped to Canada. And erratic ahc symptoms. Best local mechanic for this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I have a 2000 100 Series, with factory AHC. Recently purchased.

Not sure all the previous maintenance was done - as the system is acting a bit erratic - seems when I activate the system the fluid appears foamy. I don't ever recall seeing that even in my older higher mileage LX. Also, the ride (especially from the front) seems to be pretty bouncy, more than normal for sure - and I had a previous 100 series so I know what it should ride like.

I wanted to start with a fluid flush, to see how this affects things. What about sensors? Anything I should check on that?

1. Normally I would ship to Sumas wa, and pickup there, as I live close to the border... however - this is not possible right now. Where is the best (cheapest source) shipped to canada? I will ONLY use factory toyota fluid, I'm not interested in any substitute

2. I do not have a gauge, or techstream. How could one measure the neutral pressure, or low/high pressure? Does anyone know what the pressure system should read? (I have an HDJ, but the reading I've done the pressure system is the same as the LX, other than different springs/tbars?)

I will do a bit more reading on here, sorry if I posted previously discussed questions, however I specifically searched for foamy fluid and nothing popped up. Could there be air in the system? It seems the level is normal, it is not low, unless someone poured the wrong stuff in, or it was low at one point, and air got in. Might be worth flushing out?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all! I have a 2000 100 Series, with factory AHC. Recently purchased.

Not sure all the previous maintenance was done - as the system is acting a bit erratic - seems when I activate the system the fluid appears foamy. I don't ever recall seeing that even in my older higher mileage LX. Also, the ride (especially from the front) seems to be pretty bouncy, more than normal for sure - and I had a previous 100 series so I know what it should ride like.

I wanted to start with a fluid flush, to see how this affects things. What about sensors? Anything I should check on that?

1. Normally I would ship to Sumas wa, and pickup there, as I live close to the border... however - this is not possible right now. Where is the best (cheapest source) shipped to canada? I will ONLY use factory toyota fluid, I'm not interested in any substitute

2. I do not have a gauge, or techstream. How could one measure the neutral pressure, or low/high pressure? Does anyone know what the pressure system should read? (I have an HDJ, but the reading I've done the pressure system is the same as the LX, other than different springs/tbars?)

I will do a bit more reading on here, sorry if I posted previously discussed questions, however I specifically searched for foamy fluid and nothing popped up. Could there be air in the system? It seems the level is normal, it is not low, unless someone poured the wrong stuff in, or it was low at one point, and air got in. Might be worth flushing out?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Arbetrader, Here's a great place to start:

If there is air in the system, try bleeding the accumulators. Fresh AHC fluid is probably cheapest from the Lexus or Toyota dealerships, since shipping is a bit heavy. It is absolutely worth flushing the whole system, just for peace-of-mind.

I assume this is for your green diesel out of the EU.

Hi Arbetrader, Here's a great place to start:

If there is air in the system, try bleeding the accumulators. Fresh AHC fluid is probably cheapest from the Lexus or Toyota dealerships, since shipping is a bit heavy. It is absolutely worth flushing the whole system, just for peace-of-mind.

I assume this is for your green diesel out of the EU.
Yup. Thanks so much! I'll start there. I would rather pay a competent mechanic or someone that has done this a few times and knows what they're doing. I've personally done it once before, but that was years ago. Just was hoping to skip the stealership for obvious reasons.

Even if you have to pay stealership prices for AHC fluid, you'll save $$$ in the long run by bleeding the system yourself. Highly encouraged.

If the fluid is foamy/bubbly in the reservoir, then you should get several 1L bottles of AHC fluid to fully purge the air and get fresh fluid in the entire system. Foamy/bubbly fluid at the accumulators/globes usually means that globe is shot and should be replaced.

You really need a tool like Techstream to set your torsion bar heights correctly to ensure your AHC is functioning within the spec pressure ranges. It would be very wise to obtain a copy of Techstream.

Do many other shops have techstream system? I'm assuming it's going to be Toyota specific

It is most commonly purchased online from places like Amazon or eBay.

Yup. Thanks so much! I'll start there. I would rather pay a competent mechanic or someone that has done this a few times and knows what they're doing. I've personally done it once before, but that was years ago. Just was hoping to skip the stealership for obvious reasons.
If I was in Vancouver, I'd help you out...drive out to Calgary and I'll do it / show you how for beer.

Do many other shops have techstream system? I'm assuming it's going to be Toyota specific
No. Only Toyota or Lexus shops will have it. There are some links in the "definitive list of AHC maintenance items", where you can buy a copy for ~$35. There are other means to read AHC pressures too. Some ODB2 devices will read them, and apparently there is a manual pressure tester too.

That would be pretty rare.

Be warned, the copies of techstream on Amazon or ebay are all bootlegged. You can get a good copy for free right here on mud. Techstream in 5 minutes thread. Download the software, buy a cable, and off you go!

Hey one other question - do the 100 series and 200 series use the same globes? Or different?

That would be pretty rare.

Be warned, the copies of techstream on Amazon or ebay are all bootlegged. You can get a good copy for free right here on mud. Techstream in 5 minutes thread. Download the software, buy a cable, and off you go!
Thanks! I'll search it out :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom