Best aftermarket tie-rods? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of replacing the tie-rods on my 1997 Lexus LX450. I've seen quite a few options (all at different price points) and need help narrowing things down.

The brands I've seen are: Moog, Duralast, Beck Arnley, Delphi, Import Direct, Mevotech, and AC Delco.

Does anyone have a little wisdom on which of these brands are the best bang for the buck, most durable, etc...?

I don’t have any experience with these but this is the set I’m getting ready to order Cruiser Outfitters

90683D05-4154-4552-A17D-254EFFD54C36.png

I went with Moog bars from rockauto and 555 ends from cruiseroutfitters(above).

FWIW i thought i'd be able to just replace ends on my bars (rust free, 90k mile cruiser). Nope.
Ended up needing new relay and tie rods(could only get ends out of the relay rod after heat and pipe wrenches). Moog was cheap and good quality on rockauto, though only the relay rod came painted. I didn't feel comfortable reinstalling such a critical part after torching the hell out of it and reefing on em with pipe wrenches. the $60 bucks or whatever new bars were was worth the ease of swap.

Also make sure you have the RIGHT type of TRE puller:

Last edited:
I literally just ordered and received the tie rod kit from Cruiser Outfitters (arrived yesterday!)

How does the Cruiser Outfit quality compare to your current kit?

Well my current ones have 228k on them so there really is no comparison, FWIW though I work in a shop and have used the Sankei stuff on various different applications over the years and thus far not seen any unusual premature wear or failures.

How does the Cruiser Outfit quality compare to your current kit?

If you search mud there are a million threads on TRE options & opinions.
IIRC a whole SET from CO was about 100 bucks vs the 200? for OEM.
The ones from cruiser outfit are great. Side by side with my OEMs there was little to no difference. They do come unpainted though. I rattle canned mine after threading them in to the approx right length.

The Cruiser Outfitters 555 TRE are stout. I can also contest to the quality. Not a bad price for OE quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom