Best Aftermarket Front Fenders - 79 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any of you guys need a good solid rust free fenders set?
Let me know got a set for you.
Call 559 seven7 nine eight 95 three.

Any of you guys need a good solid rust free fenders set?
Let me know got a set for you.
Call 559 seven7 nine eight 95 three.

Hello do you still have the fender set? I'm looking for a driver side. What are you asking for it? Thank you
Anthony

Fenders

I bought a pair from Cruiser Corps and it was a mistake. I had to completely rebuild one of the fendors i.e drill all of the spot welds between the fendor and apron and reweld. Also the pre drilled and tapped holes were in the wrong place. Ended up drilling more holes in the fendor. I wonder where the sellers Spector, Cruiser corps, Crusier outfitters get their fendors. Pacol Online, I think manufactures their fenders.

Good Luck
Agreed! At least they gave me a partial refund. Looking for a pair of good used front fenders for my 76 fj40 now.

People/vendors find batches of oem fenders every now and then from Toyota.
I want to say I’ve seen city racer with a few in the last year but his site is currently not taking orders for a few days so he can catch up it says. May be worth checking in a week or two.

I tried an aftermarket one from South America on my last cruiser. A local guy brought a container of body panels up and was selling them for ok prices. It was disappointing, I had to drill some new holes for fitment, and the big thing I didn’t catch on for a few weeks until I went to install it was missing the turn signal hole and mount.... big bummer

Some of the typical vendors people were having issues with here 5 or more years ago may have gotten better. Worth asking or looking around. People kept telling me years back find oem new or used and that is the best advice.

So, about 20yrs ago I purchased a pr of aftermarket fenders from a Mud member who was doing a frame off on his 40. He didnt want to use them because the fitment was terrible. I bought them at a deep discount knowing I was probably going to have to remove the skins from their frame and reposition them. Several yrs ago. I eventually bolted them on to see how bad they were. I decided they weren't worth the effort. The sheet metal was very thin and they were put together poorly. I ended up buying a pr of stk oem fenders from Dieselbj42. Patrick has a running ad in the classifed section. They arent cheap, but imo, in the long run they are worth the price. They are much heavier, thicker stk sheetmetal and the fitment was great and do not need any additional work.

My 2nd choice would be to purchase a good pr of stk used fenders and repair them.

Last edited:
Agreed! At least they gave me a partial refund. Looking for a pair of good used front fenders for my 76 fj40 now.
So, about 20yrs ago I purchased a pr of aftermarket fenders from a Mud member who was doing a frame off on his 40. He didnt want to use them because the fitment was terrible. I bought them at a deep discount knowing I was probably going to have to remove the skins from their frame and reposition them. Several yrs ago. I eventually bolted them on to see how bad they were. I decided they weren't worth the effort. The sheet metal was very thin and they were put together poorly. I ended up buying a pr of stk oem fenders from Dieselbj42. Patrick has a running ad in the classifed section. They arent cheap, but imo, in the long run they are worth the price. They are much heavier, thicker stk sheetmetal and the fitment was great and do not need any additional work.

My 2nd choice would be to purchase a good pr of stk used fenders and repair them.

If he is still selling them that’s awesome! I didn’t know.
I bought from him a few years back, his oem fenders arrived in better shape from Germany than the one shipped to me from a dealer in atlanta.

Just bought a pair from him about 6 weeks ago. They are awesome but very expensive. Due to covid the shipping has gone up tremendously from Europe. About $1200 for 2 new fenders.

Just bought a pair from him about 6 weeks ago. They are awesome but very expensive. Due to covid the shipping has gone up tremendously from Europe. About $1200 for 2 new fenders.
I am ready to ship my next container with 70 series parts but if there is a demand for nos oem FJ40 fenders I can ask one of my vendors if he still can get them , I bought some from him a year or 2 ago.

Just ordered a OEM pair from my local Toyota dealer. There is plenty of them in Toyota central storage in Belgium.

left 53820-90286
right 53810-90804

List price in Finland 283€/piece incl. 24% VAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom