BEST AFTER MARKET HARMONIC BALANCER FOR 87 FJ-60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to replace my harmonic balancer. I usually go with Toyota parts but am having trouble finding an OEM. I was wondering if any one could point me to a new OEM or had any exp with any of the many after market brands?

thanks.

There is a company in Oregon that rebuilds the balancers to a much better than new condition, and for a reasonable price - Around $130.00.

Many Isuzu and Cummins diesel owners on 4BDswaps have used them with great results and I'm going to send one to them for my engine overhaul I just started.

No connection, but many have used them with great results

Here is their contact info - new home page H.B.

Dale Manufacturing

3425 Fairhaven Avenue N.E.
Salem, OR 97301 - View Map
Phone: (503) 364-8685
Email: dalemfg@q.com
Web: www.dalemfg.com

1 Recommendations
David Langsather updated this company profile

Products & Services
  • Harmonic Balancer Rebuilding
About Dale Manufacturing
Rebuilders of Engine Harmonic Balanceres for all cars and trucks. Thirty years experience and over 10,000 rebuilt. unique 'life time' guarantee.

Dale Manufacxturing is a small business dedicated to rebuilding hard to find and obsolete engine harmonic balancers for all cars and trucks. With over thirty years of experience, we offer proven preformance over time and quality work. Usually providing two business day turn-a-round time on parts we receive.

Business Categories
Engine Rebuilding and Repairs in Salem, OR

Business Information
Location Type
HQ
Year Established 1976
Annual Revenue Estimate Less than $100,000
Employees 2 to 4
Recommendations
  • 20131206KcheoiW7yk

tea lindy
    Great company to work with. Product rebuilt exactly as described, very fast turn around time. Very warm and friendly on the phone.
    I would recommend them to anyone.
    February 5, 2013 • Report this

• Had a good experience? Add Your Recommendation
Additional Links

Additional Information

Business Hours
  • Sunday CLOSED -

• Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

• Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

• Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

• Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

• Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

• Saturday CLOSED -
Contact Information
  • David Langsather
    Owner
    Phone | (503) 364-8685
    Email | dalemfg@q.com
Additional Contact Information
Primary Phone | (503) 364-8685
Primary Website | www.dalemfg.com
Primary Email | dalemfg@q.com

If you can't do the turn-around time of the above repair, the best aftermarket was the Aussie-made unit, that is now probably unobtainium, as the company was bought by Dayco and switched production to China, producing the product the OP references, above. SOR may still have an Aussie one, since they wanted dearly for it.

If you can afford the down-time, the above reman business is the way to go.

@beno would know, but I thought the OE Toyota was still available?

If you're gonna buy the Dayco/Powerbond, O'Reilly's had the best price. I think all the aftermarket ones now, like ATP and Pioneer, are the Dayco, but I'm not 100% on that.

^ I Run a dale manufacturing restored HB..

been on the rig now about 1000 miles... still going strong.

Awesome. I will be going the remanufactured route from dale. Thank you for the input.

hit up classifieds and get a used one to send in to minimize down time...seems to be functional for me...,

Gotta say, the Aussie ones are nice .... :D

IMG_0051.JPG

Just posting an update here for 2024 reference for folks searching later that need to replace their three groove crankshaft pulley harmonic balancer assembly on their FJ60 like me. Long story short. It looks like the Dorman from O'reilly's in the US is the best option for cost and if you think you need one, find one now because prices have doubled in two years, supply has trickled if it exists at all anymore for aftermarket options
Mine on my truck had apparently been repaired in the past 40 years by spot welding the two small pulleys back into place in lieu of the original rivets. I use spot welding loosely here because it failed while I was traveling at 60mph on the highway (an achievement in itself). My pulley fell straight off, belts fell off, power steering stopped, fan, alternator, yade yada whole nine yards and the engine went to nuclear heat in about a mile as I tried to figure out what the hell happened. I am now in the market for a new/used crankshaft pulley harmonic balancer setup. I may get super lucky and my local Portland Land Cruiser mechanic may have a used but good pulley in their parts yard for me. Thank you @Spike Strip for all of your incredibly helpful posts on this over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom