Best 70 series ute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im thinking about getting a Landcruiser ute, since im doing a fair bit more fishing and camping, and would like the extra room.

Im looking for one under $10,000 and from mid 1990s

The big question is what model I should get. I dont know much about certain types of models and what ones are better and which ones are unreliable.

I wouldn't mind a petrol one that I could convert to gas, or a turbo diesel, but im not sure you could get one for the price im thinking of

What would you buy?

Im thinking about getting a Landcruiser ute, since im doing a fair bit more fishing and camping, and would like the extra room.

Im looking for one under $10,000 and from mid 1990s

The big question is what model I should get. I dont know much about certain types of models and what ones are better and which ones are unreliable.

I wouldn't mind a petrol one that I could convert to gas, or a turbo diesel, but im not sure you could get one for the price im thinking of

What would you buy?

I would spend anoher $2K and get a HZJ75. For $10k you would get a very nice HJ75 although the 2H engine in standard form is a little slow.
None of them are unreliable. The petrol engined cruisers really suck the fuel. You can run them on LPG ,but IMO, it is a less than perfect set up and the LPG tank takes up room.

These sites explain a lot about models.
Foreign Toyota 4x4s
TLC FAQ v3.0 LAST MODIFICATION 08/10/03

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom