Beo, Ali, Beno - Slee Heavies or Mediums in a 4" Lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I was looking at the Slee site today as was studying the spring choices for the 4" lift. They have the option of mediums and heavies. I remember Ali swapping to the heavies and I think Beno took the mediums? I'm not sure what Mike is running.

1. What the best weight for me with the aux tank, armor, dual batts, fridge with slide, family and some camping gear?

2. Also, is it worth the extra $40 for the rear progressive springs? I spoke with someone at Slee today and he said the only difference is the spring is longer at full extention to avoid a "clank" or unseating the spring if you run longer shocks.

I see myself running the OME L's to start and may change to Bilsteins years from now or if Slee gets a cost effective bolt in solution I could do that.

3. Are you guys running wheel spacers for the 35's? I rub inside the wheel well a fair amount with my less than 33's and no bump stop changes.

Thanks,

G

I am running progressive rears and heavy fronts. With all of your stuff I would recommend going as heavy as possible.

The rear progressives are really nice.

Off to Utah!

10-4 Thanks

I have the heavy rears but I also have drawers full of heavy junk plus the fridge. I think you should plan on the heavys with the sub-tank.

No wheel spacers. Evan runs a similar lift and tires with wheel spacers. I have no experience with the progressives and didn't even know they were available so I can't help there.

Heavies it is.

G

I swapped from progressive springs to non-progressive coils on my 4-Runner (just spring swap same 4-link) and the non-progressive springs have allot more body roll. I am swapping back to 1/4 elliptic to get the progressive response back. Just my opinion.

Leni

edit: If you have a rear sway-bar you will not notice the lack of progressiveness as much.

Heavies.

Progressive heavies...got it.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom