Bent tie rod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, check out these pics of my tie rod--it's wicked bent. I'm wondering how much this would contribute to the play in my steering, which is considerable.
Steering issues are on my short list of things to tackle. I'm thinking this is more of an annoyance than safety issue. Do you agree?
Thanks for your input!
[/ATTACH]
tierod1.jpg
tierod2.jpg

the bent tie rod will change toe in , toe out , and effect handling ,that welded relay rod is more of a safety isuue,it needs to be done right .

I would change out both of those!! I had a bent tie rod and once it bends, it is considerably weakened and more prone to break. I personally wouldn't chance it with either of those!
:wrench:

that welded relay rod is more of a safety isuue, it needs to be done right.

I would change out both of those!!

x2 The relay rod is scary. The bent tie rod is not scary, but if you're doing anything, replace it. They're dirt cheap used.

Remember that the leaf spring bushings will make a big difference in your steering wander and feel.

Had one bend on the trail. Luckily I was going slow. It bent on a rock then twisted when I went to turn and hung up on the clip that holds the leaf springs together. Almost rolled, very scary. Did the hi lift sleeve trick to get off the mountain. Got home and ordered the heavy duty 4+ set from Man-a- Fre.

Thanks guys. I have a new (to me) tie rod already, and just ordered a relay rod, drag link, and new ends for all. Looking forward to getting this done and not worrying about it. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom