Bent Hi-Lift...forgot it was on, and hit garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So...even though I kept saying, "don't forget the jack on the rear bumper"...I drove into the garage with it on. Bumper and swing out came out unscathed, but the hi-lift shaft got bent. I ordered a replacement from Hi-Lift ($25) serves me right.

Any-hooo....anyone ever replace that? I haven't looked very closely at the jack to see how easy it'll be to replace. Is it as simple as pull the top and bottom thingies off and pull the shaft out...then replace?

thanks!

yes

it's that easy....

-db-

You talking 'bout the handle or the shaft? If you bent the shaft member, I'd hate to see what the garage door looks like

So...even though I kept saying, "don't forget the jack on the rear bumper"...I drove into the garage with it on.

I "hide" the garage door opener when the rack is loaded or anything on the truck won't clear the door (Christmas trees, skis, chain saw, etc.) When I reach up to press the button after the long trip home and nothing is there, that is the final reminder to stop and unload before entering.

It works!

-B-

I "hide" the garage door opener when the rack is loaded or anything on the truck won't clear the door (Christmas trees, skis, chain saw, etc.) When I reach up to press the button after the long trip home and nothing is there, that is the final reminder to stop and unload before entering.

It works!

-B-

This is a good idea.

I have come very near to doing serious garage damage. I just hope I can remember the hide the opener trick. :D

I drove into the garage with a custom road bike on the roof! I used to put the opener in the trunk, but I came home and my wife had the door open already. Crunch! It not only demo'ed the bike but mashed the rack down into the roof of my Acura. An expensive lesson.

OUCH!

Maybe the cruiser gods could make one of those rear view mirror hangie things (that's why this is not in Tech) that says "FJ Toys On Top/Rear". :idea:

Idea free to first person who lets me beta test it ;)

Hehe... Cruisers in a garage... That's funny. ;)

... I came home and my wife had the door open already.

And when there is a remote chance that someone will leave the door open ....

-B-
Rack-sign.jpg

There's a much easier way to solve the problem...

my garage is so filled with crap that the cruiser won't fit in there right now... ;)

Garages are urban armor in many places more beneficial than sliders.:D

Oh... I see...Now it's kinda sad and less funny. :(

;)

Mark...

... my garage is so filled with crap that the cruiser won't fit in there right now... ;)

And mine above isn't full of crap ? ? ? :grinpimp:

-B-

or size up the lift to the garage... I'm 1/2" away...

There's a much easier way to solve the problem...

my garage is so filled with crap that the cruiser won't fit in there right now... ;)

I got a few of those plastic tubs. Do you really think they save space? Nothing seems to fit right when you place it in the tubs. Its like you always need the next size up but you instinctively know it will not solve you space problem:confused:

Hehe... Cruisers in a garage... That's funny. ;)

Thats not funny Mark,Jude's rig takes up the whole garage, damm pampered princes truck. now that her truck is sporting the Slee bumper my fat butt can barelly slide around the back to get to the other side.

My garage looked exactly like that one pictured! My wife got so pissed she had a 40x60 shop built just for me. She can now park here Avalon in the garage all by itself.

The wife parks her car in there alongside the 80. They both fit and no door dings. :D

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom