Bent frame, what to do (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta search. Buddy just picked up a 275k 100 that needs a new steering rack for 2k. Deals are out there.

4 months back I bought my wife a gx470 that had a few minor issues but with only 200k on it for 4900. Gotta hunt and be ready to go that day or plop down 15k if you have no patience and can't turn a wrench.
The woman across the street has a 99 100 that hasn’t moved in two years. 260k. Needs timing belt and trans slips in first and reverse but she’s sell it for $1,500. Interior is rough but not beat. She needs to move it bc she’s renting the house. I can check with her to see if she’s still got it? It was there a couple weeks back.

The woman across the street has a 99 100 that hasn’t moved in two years. 260k. Needs timing belt and trans slips in first and reverse but she’s sell it for $1,500. Interior is rough but not beat. She needs to move it bc she’s renting the house. I can check with her to see if she’s still got it? It was there a couple weeks back.
I'd buy it today and rebuild it. Where is it?

You'll spend nearly the purchase price replacing the timing belts and rebuilding the transmission, and whatever has rotted in the 2 years it's been sitting (tires. etc.), and that's if you do it yourself. I'd do it. $3k is a deal.

You'll spend nearly the purchase price replacing the timing belts and rebuilding the transmission, and whatever has rotted in the 2 years it's been sitting (tires. etc.), and that's if you do it yourself. I'd do it. $3k is a deal.
I've already privately confessed to dpeshkin my idiocy. I would love to do that project, like I did w/my LX450, a complete rebuild, pull the engine, bearings, pistons, etc. Bushings, brakes, etc. etc. etc. More in the neighborhood of 15k $$$ not including the interior. I love that stuff. But...

Wife would either lock me up in an asylum or the doghouse :slap:
:deadhorse: I accept my "MUD" whippin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom