BENCH BLEEDING ADVIC/AISIN TANDEM MASTER CYLINDER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what the procedure is to Bench Bleed a new ADVIC/AISIN TANDEM MASTER CYLINDER ? It doesn’t have any fittings in the top outlets. Do you install bleed screws to bleed out the air, close them and then replace the bleed screws with the brake lines when installing, and bleed the system?

I use a couple short lengths of brake line threaded into the outlets then curled up to dump into the reservoirs

20211022_121406.jpg

20211022_121432.jpg

Great idea.

One question: does it let air in when you take the lines off, or does the cylinder stay free of air as long as the reservoirs stay filled and you keep the inlets either capped after bleeding or keep the MC level while installing?

"Bench bleeding" is a misnomer.
I bleed the master with it already bolted to the firewall. Fill the reservoirs with the bleeder tubes installed, pump the pedal long and slow till no more bubbles, refill reservoirs, unscrew bleeders and screw in brake lines.

I have that Manual, but I thought you had to bench bleed a new MC before installing it to get all the air out. I believe Pighead was just saying you can “Bench Beed” with it installed. Perhaps you are suggesting the Haynes Manual is implying the same, although I think the procedure is done without the brake lines installed.

Yes you can bench bleed when on the vehicle. Make a run brakelines back to the reservoirs making sure the ends of the lines submerged in the fluid, so they wont suck air. Once bled it's easy to swap the lines to the vehicles. Fluid will slow drip once the line is removed. Then bleed the hole system

What Pighead said. It's really simple and you don't need to have the MC off the truck. But prepare for brake fluid spillage. Plenty of towels underneath and do this in a place where you can hose it down after you realize you didn't use enough towels. :)

@Pighead what MC are you running on your rig? I’m assuming that’s on your 55?

Also what size fittings am I looking for to build the bench bleed contraption you got there?

@Pighead what MC are you running on your rig? I’m assuming that’s on your 55?

Also what size fittings am I looking for to build the bench bleed contraption you got there?
That's a 80 series non-ABS master on my Pig.
I just grabbed those hard lines off the rack and bent them to fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom