Belvoir Auto Center (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone been to the auto center on Fort Belvoir? They seem to have everything needed for a pretty decent amount of work. I live in an apartment in Alexandria so this seems like a good option.

Is that the shop where those with base access can reserve spaces and do their own work?

If so, I was there many years ago helping a friend do his front brakes and complete a spring-over. Have a lift was great, and they have a decent supply of tools, including air. Sure beats the parking space next to my duplex.

Is that the shop where those with base access can reserve spaces and do their own work?

If so, I was there many years ago helping a friend do his front brakes and complete a spring-over. Have a lift was great, and they have a decent supply of tools, including air. Sure beats the parking space next to my duplex.
I hear ya. That's why Im interested.

What are you trying to say....my lesson on alignments from high school auto shop class 18 years ago doesn't qualify me as "someone very skilled"??

I'm saying I work on cars all day long and I wouldn't attempt to do an alignment. The guys that do them well and actually care are priceless. Way too many folks attempt alignments without really knowing the ins and outs and just fudge the numbers. My junk I do with straight edges and a tape measure. Customer's vehicles go to Warrenton Tire and Auto. Their alignemt guy is top notch.

I've been using RCS in Bealeton since they're closer to the shop. Their alignment guy is terrible though and I have to hold his hand to the point that I may as well do it myself. They were good for a while and then switched alignment techs. If it didn't eat over an hour round trip I'd still be using Warrenton Tire.

That's what I needed to hear. Thanks, man. I think I'll send Kim down to Warrenton tomorrow complete with steering gear box leak to get the alignment checked just in case. Not sure 600 more miles is really going to ruin a set of K02s, though.

Well. Fixed that "steering box leak" by fixing the clamp on a PS hose that's under the battery box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom