belts squeak, can I titan to quit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I should replace them, and I will. But I need a temporary fix. How to I titan them? is there a belt tension bolt?

I should replace them, and I will. But I need a temporary fix. How to I titan them? is there a belt tension bolt?

I thought that "titan" was some kind of belt conditioner that you rub on and make your belts like new :D. If I understand correctly, you would like to just tighten the belts.

First, you should really just replace the belts with new Toyota OEM belts (not very expensive). If you take the time to adjust or tighten them, you could easily just change them out. Live with the squeak until you can get them from cdan or a local dealership.

Here is a great tutorial of the change out process written by IdahoDoug https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/185209-changing-your-belts-25-minutes.html. Read it, print it.

Are the existing belts smooth on the pulley contact inner side or cogged? Aftermarket cogged belts have been know to squeal like a stuck pig.

Riley

edit: corsair23 beat me to it...

Last edited:
Do NOT over-tighten them just to try to get rid of a squeak; you could cause major damage to any of the belt-driven components.

wd-40 works pretty well as a lazyman's temporary fix. (I haven't had any luck with the actual "belt dressing" products.)

Curtis

I thought that "titan" was some kind of belt conditioner that you rub on and make your belts like new :D. If I understand correctly, you would like to just tighten the belts.

Yes thats what I was talking about the liquid squeak stopper. Not to be confused with the football team or greek worriers, that is spelt Tyten.

Actually its just what you get when a phonetic speller doesn't have their wife proofread.

Wd40. that sounds easy enough. How long will it fix the problem for?

Smart ass answer: Try it and find out.

;p

Honestly, I've had it work anywhere from less than a day to more or less permanently. Best method is to get under the rig and shoot up at the crank pulley; otherwise it gets blown all over the place.

Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom