belt size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if I can get a belt that will allow me to bypass my ac compressor? If so, what size? This is for my 1999 LC. Thanks in advance!

Gates micro-v belt: 6-ribs, 20mm width and "K" style section. You'll have to figure out the length.

It wouldn't work, you'd be reversing the direction of the fan. You'd need to install an idler pulley in place of the AC - so just leave the AC and let it function as an idler pulley. Disconnect the power to the AC so that the clutch does not ever engage. Some day when the freewheeling AC pulley goes bad replace just the pulley or bearings, not the entire compressor.

Thanks for the information. The pulley is bad now. Do I have to remove the compressor in order to replace the pulley? Do you happen to know the part number for the just the pulley?

Thanks for the information. The pulley is bad now. Do I have to remove the compressor in order to replace the pulley? Do you happen to know the part number for the just the pulley?

I was responding in sort of a theoretically manner, never actually done it. But it looks like there's quite a few threads here including this one:

There's more on Youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom