Belt Moulding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YardPig

SILVER Star
Threads
My belt mouldings are looking pretty beat up, they are sun faded and spotted.

I am looking for the OEM part numbers for front and rear door belt mouldings in BLACK. It seems chrome is quite popular but not my style!

Is replacement pop it on, pop it off, or is it more involved?

MOULDING | LAND CRUISER 100 UZJ100 UZJ100L-GNPEKA | Toyota | Genuine Parts Catalogs | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

I tried to get my passenger front door belt off before I left it at the paint and body place last week.
I couldn't get it, seems like I would have bent it up. Even with the mirror off and the window down and the set screw out I just said no and left it for the body place. (just like the door handle) I want new ones, just didn't have time. Body place said there are either plastic or metal tabs that get messed up. FSM isn't clear either.

in that link you can see pics, and notice the superseded part numbers and availability if you click on the part #. That link is for the 98-02.

Thank you!

Oh yes, door handles, another want soon....hoping 6Q7 paint code is still available...

Your good at that. Hahaha. Thanks, they list DK. GREEN MC., 6Q7 , I'll have to request and see if available still. Mine have clear peel and generally weathered looking but the rest of the door is clean.

I just ordered these for mine, anyone have experience removing these? I tried for a few minutes to play around with remove mine just to see, and although it felt loose is there a screw that holds it in place somewhere or are they just retaining clips? I didn't end up going any further either thinking I might damage the current ones that I need for now.

@ERMB, according to the FSM (Body mechanical chapter, pages BO-44 and BO-45 in the version I have), there's a screw you need to remove to get the frontmost moulding bit off (screw is in the wheel well), but the rest are just stuck on with adhesive and clips--heat, cut underneath with a knife to separate the adhesive, and pry with a taped-up screwdriver tip.

Hi, the belt moulding is the moulding at the window...

Drrrr. Sorry!

I have replaced all 6 of my belt moldings (don't forget the back wing windows have them too).
Most of them were destroyed in the removal process, but no harm to any bodywork. I tried for hours to remove them gently, but it wasn't happening.

Front doors - As already mentioned, mirrors must come off, and one screw at the door jam. (No snaps or tape, the fastening is done by the channel inside the belt)
Middle - Nothing special. (No snaps or tape, the fastening is done by the channel inside the belt)
Rear - I had my wing windows out when I did these, not entirely sure that's necessary. May be doable with windows in, or at the very least disconnect the motor at the rear so the window can be opened further. (these are held in with body clips. To remove them pry up)

I have replaced all 6 of my belt moldings (don't forget the back wing windows have them too).
Most of them were destroyed in the removal process, but no harm to any bodywork. I tried for hours to remove them gently, but it wasn't happening.

Front doors - As already mentioned, mirrors must come off, and one screw at the door jam. (No snaps or tape, the fastening is done by the channel inside the belt)
Middle - Nothing special. (No snaps or tape, the fastening is done by the channel inside the belt)
Rear - I had my wing windows out when I did these, not entirely sure that's necessary. May be doable with windows in, or at the very least disconnect the motor at the rear so the window can be opened further. (these are held in with body clips. To remove them pry up)
Ok, well that's all reassuring I didn't realize there was a screw in there up front. How does the mirror come off? Is the access in the panel behind the door tweeter?

Ok, well that's all reassuring I didn't realize there was a screw in there up front. How does the mirror come off? Is the access in the panel behind the door tweeter?
Yes. Behind the tweeter. If you’re sneaky, you can just loosen the mirror, and not remove the whole thing.
Rear 1/4 windows need to come off to get to 1 pesky screw on the c pillar.

Yes. Behind the tweeter. If you’re sneaky, you can just loosen the mirror, and not remove the whole thing.
Rear 1/4 windows need to come off to get to 1 pesky screw on the c pillar.
Haha, this is becoming much more involved of a project than I thought! I thought these things just popped off externally with the right tools.
I'll have to photo document this well for the next person when I start on this project!

Haha, this is becoming much more involved of a project than I thought! I thought these things just popped off externally with the right tools.
I'll have to photo document this well for the next person when I start on this project!
Here’s a few from my venture a few weeks ago:
I couldn’t save the door belts, so don’t try until you have new ones in hand!
Warmer weather or garage might help.
It’s a real time commitment to get the rear 1/4 windows out and back in. Follow the FSM if you have one.
It’s not too hard, it just all has to come out back there!

E17FBF1E-5E12-46A3-AA09-3BA49593DBEF.jpeg

BFDDEFBD-6C9E-44C7-9936-866A2AB2E4A0.jpeg

D692787F-69CC-47CD-B3A6-0360E724C4CB.jpeg

I am attempting g to replace the front and middle sections. Back is fine, strangely. Once you figured out how to do it, how long do you estimate it took to do the front and middle sections? Txs

I am attempting g to replace the front and middle sections. Back is fine, strangely. Once you figured out how to do it, how long do you estimate it took to do the front and middle sections? Txs
Once you do one it takes about 20min or less for those, it's the rears that require much more time.

On the front windows I did not have to remove any part of the side mirrors or door panels in order to remove or install the new one. Only screw was on front and was located in the outer door frame.

On the front windows I did not have to remove any part of the side mirrors or door panels in order to remove or install the new one. Only screw was on front and was located in the outer door frame.
This was my experience, too. I used some plastic trim removal tools and elbow grease. The old ones end up getting bent but no damage to the doors. New ones pop in much easier than the old ones come out. I was worried that they might not be as secure. It’s been several months and no issues. They look so much better now. Luckily my rear ones were in much better shape so I didn’t have to deal with the window removal. Worth the effort!

This was my experience, too. I used some plastic trim removal tools and elbow grease. The old ones end up getting bent but no damage to the doors. New ones pop in much easier than the old ones come out. I was worried that they might not be as secure. It’s been several months and no issues. They look so much better now. Luckily my rear ones were in much better shape so I didn’t have to deal with the window removal. Worth the effort!
Good info. Do you have a pic of the final product you could post?

Good info. Do you have a pic of the final product you could post?
Just dropped it off for service. Headed to "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" tomorrow. If I survive, I'll get photos early next week. I will say again how much better the new ones look. Hard to believe that something so relatively small could bother me so much. I think it's because it's one of the first things you see every time you reach for the door handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom